I am applying for my ultimate dream job and I am in the top 5 for the spot. Now I need your help. I know a bit with break ups and albums and all that, but can we make a list of what happened last year in hardcore? I feel I have enough knowledge, but if I ever get asked like "oh did these guys release anything recently?" or something I need to know a bit more.

I know about Modern Life is War, Internal Affairs, Insect Warfare, Life Long Tragedy break ups, Verse members breaking edge (even though I don't see why anyone cares), Releases by Have Heart, Cruel Hand, The Carrier, Carpathian, Energy, The Effort, Terror, The Broderick and a few more.

Help me out guys, thanks.
What job is this?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
- Sinking Ships and The First Step also broke up.
- Blacklisted released one of the best albums of the year.
- Rick ta Life went insane
- Slapshot and Cro-mags played shows
- One of the best up and coming bands (Last Lights) experienced a great tragedy.
- Liking Have Heart became uncool
- Flannel became popular
- ****ty pop-punk/hardcore bands became a huge trend.
Quote by Manos15
- One of the best up and coming bands (Last Lights) experienced a great tragedy.
- Flannel became popular

The Ergs also broke up. Although not hardcore, they were rooted in the hardcore scene.
if you don't know this stuff yourself, then you really don't deserve the job...
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Cursed got stuck in Europe I think, and their label had some sort of charity drive to get them home. Did they break up as well?
If it's an Australian hardcore label I'd try to work up a knowledge base on plenty of Australian bands.

Otherwise just lurk the various "best of 2008" threads for releases, and most of the news I can remember has been covered.

Honestly you should have just paid attention haha.
Quote by pmeg568c

Go fall under a bus. At least he's trying to educate himself and better his knowledge instead of sitting back and taking snide shots for no reason.
Quote by Manos15
- Flannel became popular

Well they were horribly over hyped in the first place, so it was inevitable really.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
New Found Glory released a cd on Bridge 9.
****ed Up released Chemistry of Common Life, and them playing in MTV Canada's studio bathroom and causing $5000 worth of damage.
New Ceremony, Trap Them, Rise and Fall, Lewd Acts & Palehorse.
Paint it Black releases New Lexicon.
Alright thanks guys.

Pmeg, I'm just kinda trying to improve my life. I know enough, I just wanna have a good knowledge of the most recent things. I have the (good part of) the Australian scene set, so it seems alright. I have break ups covered I'm pretty sure, I just have to check out the newer records.
Ambitions kicked ass and then broke up.
Genghis Tron released Board Up the House
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Righteous Heart
Guitarist of Break Even committed suicide.

Yeah that was terrible. Do you know if they're still working on the album or are they gonna wait until they get a new guitarist?
Quote by Internal Chaos
Yeah that was terrible. Do you know if they're still working on the album or are they gonna wait until they get a new guitarist?

I have no clue.
I would have guessed you would have more information on it since you're from Australia and all.
Hopefully they still continue as a band for a while but if they don't, I don't blame them.

Do you know if they had a U.S. tour planned for '09 or '10 before the tragedy?
myspace | last.fm
Americans used to roar like lions for liberty,
Now we bleat like sheep for security.
Quote by pmeg568c

true but he knows most of this anyway, he's only asking for a memory boost.
Quote by Righteous Heart
I have no clue.
I would have guessed you would have more information on it since you're from Australia and all.
Hopefully they still continue as a band for a while but if they don't, I don't blame them.

Do you know if they had a U.S. tour planned for '09 or '10 before the tragedy?

I'm sure they would have, they're a pretty big band and they were writing and album when it happened. So I'd say look out for it, because they probably will near the end of the year or so.