2 13%
Orange Tiny Terror
6 38%
Egnater Rebel 20
5 31%
Vox Night Train
3 19%
Voters: 16.
IMPORTANT EDIT::: After finding tubes for every amp is $50 except for the Egnater, which is $95 for new tubes, the Egnater is out. DON'T VOTE FOR IT ANYMORE.

Alright, I'm looking at three heads. I'm looking for a good British-voiced offset to my Blues Jr. I can either setup to A/B with it(Fender US-voiced cleans and British-voiced class A drive...yum. ^^) or just plain replace the Blues Jr. with. The problem is I've got a bunch of good-looking heads and I'm not sure which amongst them to get. >< I'm pretty sure all are British-voiced and class-A, so that's not a problem, they all just have little things though that get me looking. They are as follows;

Blackheart Handsome Devil - $350 - Pros; Cheapest. Not too hard to understand. Opinions of Blackheart have been pretty good as of late. Cons; Blackheart's still a small brand, and haven't had extensive field tests. Getting the tattoo design past my freak of a mother will be hell.

Orange Tiny Terror - $545 - Pros; A staple amongst small 15-watt tube heads. Very much field-tested. Simplest of the bunch, and I value simplicity; I'm not the kind of guy that gets a million pedals, a huge rack-mounted setup and a stack with a bunch of knobs, tone is my main priority and I've only use about five pedals max at once. Orange is a favourite brand of mine. - Cons; Tone, volume, distortion, and that's it, and while I like simplicity, I also like tweaking my EQ(though generally I just get fed up and roll it all all the way up). Kind of overpriced.

Egnater Rebel 20 - $600 - Pros; EL84's and 6V6's, British and American tones. Probably the most versatile of the bunch. Most watts of all of them. Cons; Potentially the most expensive. Two power stages = expensive tube replacement. I have no idea what "bright" and "tight" are or do.

Vox Night Train - N/A - Pros; I love Vox. if it's got the same tone as the amp it has the same tube compliment as, only plus a gainstage, I'm sold. Awesome-looking design. Cons; Not out right now. If I get it I get it early and that means being a lab rat for Vox. Potentially the most expensive. With the open grilles, if I get bad weather at a gig, I'm screwed.

So yeah, each of these would be playing through an Egnater Rebel 112X(chosen for having what IMO is the best combination of watts, price and British voicing in the pricerange) in a band.

So, UG, thoughts?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 21, 2009,
Get the Night Train, so you can post clips and pics of it!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
Get the Night Train, so you can post clips and pics of it!

That's what I'm leaning towards, my only problem is if it's as expensive as some say($800 some say), I can't afford that as I have a bunch of other shiz I'm saving for.

Well I have played the HD, Rebel and the TT. Unfortunately not one of them were together with another for a side by side. I ended up with the HD. That is not to say I didn't like the others, They all sounded very good. I thought the HD was the better deal of the three.
Well, how's it's tone?

Quote by necrosis1193
Well, how's it's tone?

I'll what I can do tomorrow for some sound clips. I use an attenuator and a OD pedal(no gain on pedal unless I just need that hardcore metal). It will do everything from clean Stones to heavy Sabbath.

Should be able to do a tube swap in the next week or two.
Quote by Sin City Sid
I'll what I can do tomorrow for some sound clips. I use an attenuator and a OD pedal(no gain on pedal unless I just need that hardcore metal). It will do everything from clean Stones to heavy Sabbath.

Should be able to do a tube swap in the next week or two.

Alright, much thanks for doing so.