UPDATE: REFINISHED AGAIN
Current (not buffed yet, need to let the clear harden):

Work in progress of my old Jackson.

Starting off with a pretty beat up body and microphonic pickups (the bridge of which was already swapped in this pic) but it had a decent neck on it:

I stripped it down and decided to fill the neck/middle cavities and convert it to a single volume knob. I wasn't happy with the fill job at all

Opted to have a buddy help me make a custom metal scratchplate to cover my flaws:

And primered:

Think I'm gonna do the scratchguard a lime green. 80's shred! :P But I'm open to other ideas for pickguard finishes/colors.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Apr 25, 2010,
Sorry...but I like it better in black with 3 pups. I don't think the lime green will go too well with the pink.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 2, 2009,
I'd refinish the Headstock too, kinda looks weird with the neon, then a black HS
you should rout the body and make it recessed so you can pull back on the trem
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Then get a silver FR and white or silver pickup bracket and knob (not black).
Quote by Pac_man0123
You should get a maple neck and paint the headstock pink as well.

don't you mean maple fretboard?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
paint the pickgaurd desert yellow
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Thanks for all the comments/opinions. Leaving the headstock black was a conscious decision. I wanted the black hardware left on and I think having the headstock black counters the black hardware on the body.

As far as swapping the fretboard out, I don't really see that happening, haha. It would be sweet though!
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Well with the string blocks coming in tomorrow I figured I'd finish up the Jackson tonight. Ditched the lime green pickguard in favor of a more color matched black as well as accenting the pink on the headstock with the truss rod cover.

And what better way to cover up a paint "boo boo" on a pink guitar then a hello kitty bandaid:
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
dude thats awesome I love bright colored guitars
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Looks good! The pink on the headstock helps and the black hardware looks better with the black guard. Cool!
Dude, I would pay for a guitar like that And very creative way to cover a "paint boo boo."
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Thanks a TON for all the positive comments! Glad you guys dig it,! Can't wait to string her up tomorrow and tear it up. I'll have to take a vid and link it on here as well so you can hear as well as "look".
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
alright, you got me, im a closet pink jackson fan, the news is out
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
to be honest, it looks like shit, but it looks like everyone else likes it...

I think it looks horrible with the pickguard on, and the only reason the "fill job" looks like crap is because you didn't sand it.

I also agree that you change all the hardware to silver and get a new neck with a maple fretboard..
Its all just lots of money, as long as you like it i guess
YES!! You should repaint the scratchplate white, because that looked amazing! And yes, you're right to leave the hardware and headstock black. Tricoloured guitars always look the best (like Pink/white/black, Red/White/Black (like EVH), Yellow/White/Black (like George Lynch's Tiger).

Once again, great job mate.
take that metal knob off and get a crazy neon colored one! nice work.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
It looks fine, nice colour, nice ideas, but for some reason it doesn't sit right with me, I know it's what I should be goin' nuts over but there's something that isn't sitting right with me that I can't put my finger on.
But it does look nice!
Thanks again for all the compliments. I know it's not for everyone but it was never intended to look classy at all. Let's face it, the 80s were about as trashy as it gets and I wanted this guitar to embrace that with open arms, haha. Now it's time for me to hone those shred skills since I sure can't play a guitar this flamboyant without the chops to back it up :P
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Feb 2, 2009,
Personally, I think it'd be worth re-finishing to clean up the fill job and leave it without a pickguard.

But it's still damned good looking mate, that tone of pink suits the whole spirit of the guitar like a glove.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Personally, I think it'd be worth re-finishing to clean up the fill job and leave it without a pickguard.

But it's still damned good looking mate, that tone of pink suits the whole spirit of the guitar like a glove.

Thanks a bunch I considered fixing the fill job until I saw the new Charvel lineup and found myself drawn to the only model with a pickguard. I just really dig that look.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ElvenLord
nice build, me lykee^^
sounds good too even tho you could work on that song, lawl

Thanks and yeah, that's a pretty lame rendition of that song. I just knew I wanted to use a VH song in the demo and didn't know any. Found the tab, and took the video probably too soon, haha. The guitar looks a bit different now. I should take some current pics.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
Thanks and yeah, that's a pretty lame rendition of that song. I just knew I wanted to use a VH song in the demo and didn't know any. Found the tab, and took the video probably too soon, haha. The guitar looks a bit different now. I should take some current pics.

go ahead post da pics!^^

Quote by Oujou
I vote tossing Yellow and Green paint at it.

GAAAAAHH NO don't do that! it looks pretty much perfect (for the style) now!
Probably not going to be to everyone's taste, haha. But with my goal being to make it as obnoxious as possible I think I've got a good start. The thin finish is scuffing and aging nicely on it's own and I'm FAR from done stickering it. Just throwing on any I can get ahold of. Feel free to send me some more

SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ElvenLord
that looks real nice^^
and don't forget to get a matching strap, lol

Thanks, man. Wasn't sure what you'd think. It's getting there, though. Don't want to rush out and just buy a bunch of (even more) stupid stickers so it's taking a while to come across ones to throw on there. And coincidentally before I even did this makeover I had a Dickies pink and black strap, haha. It matches perfect.

EDIT: This one:

SLAP energy drinks ftw.
I just came up with an idea for the knob that I'm working on right now. If it works, I'll take a picture.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.