alright first off, did you guys wait until you were done with school?
i really want to move out within a year, but i go to school mon-fri 1245-520
i work a job for like 7.25 an hour, i work from 6-11 like 3 - 4 nights a week
so i make like 75-100 dollars a week.

how do you guys manage to live on your own?
what kind of job could i possibly get at 17/18 where i could afford ~$700/month?
hrm, I'm not experienced with this as I'm about your age, but I would suggest looking for some student loans. Really hard to say without knowing what kind of career you hope to get into and how successful you are in school now.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Jan 21, 2009,
God, $700? That's a bit of a stretch TS. I recommend you room with a few people, that way you could all chip in and earn the rent money easier.
Quote by dio_dude
God, $700? That's a bit of a stretch TS. I recommend you room with a few people, that way you could all chip in and earn the rent money easier.

i just wanted to over estimate rather than underestimate
apartment rent for a 2 bedroom would be about 600 dollars
+200 bills, +200 car insurance gas etc, +100 food
1100 a month
i guess if i could split it amongst 3 people its only like 350 each
still, seems difficult.
i was just wondering mainly what kind of jobs you guys worked?
is there any way to get a job where you are guaranteed a certain number of hours per week? because sometimes my job will work me 6 days a week, sometimes theyll work me 2
Well if you don't know that then you obviously aren't old enough to move out anytime soon.

You need a steady job and a steady income. Yes, jobs do allow you to work a certain amount of days a week. You can also sign a contract which allows you to work a set number of hours and it doesn't change. You can do a lot of things.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Well if you don't know that then you obviously aren't old enough to move out anytime soon.

You need a steady job and a steady income. Yes, jobs do allow you to work a certain amount of days a week. You can also sign a contract which allows you to work a set number of hours and it doesn't change. You can do a lot of things.

tis why i ask questions friend
your working part time..

if you worked full time and saved some money, maybe you could afford a apt.
are you in high school or college? if high school, stay with mom and dad, high school students are never ready for the real world. if college, then i guess it's your call, most people aren't ready for life on their own til they're 20 or so (overspending is the biggest problem I've seen among people between 17 and 21).

if you live on your own, you'll have to work full time, which can be hard depending on where you live. i live in a ****hole, supposedly this city has the highest unemployment rate in the USA, and it's because there are no jobs to be had. i have a hard time getting more than 20 hours a week and only make $7.65/hour, which means most of my paychecks are around $125 (I get paid weekly). Rent + utilities + tv and internet = $415 (I only have one roommate). So I often only have $75 for gas and food....for six months I've been trying to find either a full-time job or a second job to work part time, but I've never even been asked for an interveiw in that time. Needless to say, tomorrow I'm applying for food stamps.
uh dude, im not good at math but if you make 75 to 100 a week and theres about 4 weeks in a month the most you could make is 400 bucks. how will you pay 700 a month?
Quote by metalrhoads
uh dude, im not good at math but if you make 75 to 100 a week and theres about 4 weeks in a month the most you could make is 400 bucks. how will you pay 700 a month?

Umm...

Quote by loves2sp00ge

how do you guys manage to live on your own?
what kind of job could i possibly get at 17/18 where i could afford ~$700/month?

Somebody can't read.
Get some roommates and split the costs. Also, work more!!! You'll need more money to be able to make it through comfortably. I only get paid 7/hr but because of the hours i get paid about 535 every two weeks. I could probably manage to get my own apartment and all, but i still want mommy to cook for me.

...what? she's a great cook!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Well heres what me and my drummer do. We work 3 to 11 every night, 6 nights a week. We bank in roughly 500 a piece bi-weekly. We live in a small but roomy trailer and manage that way, we also have two other room mates so it kinda helps. I would suggest waiting till ur out of school thought. Education is vary important anymore and if you move out you'll feel like you don't have to go to school anymore and quit going altogether.
Peace be thy journey