o.k
so im your typical fat teenage American boy
who is completely lazy and gets minimal exercise
if i start doing 100 jumping jacks a day and slowly up the amount each week, how much weight would i lose by, say, August?
just looking for a rough estimate...
haha there is no way to tell. it depends on such a variety of things.
Not much.

Honestly, I can't see how much jumping jacks will help, unless it's to get your heart pumping. They are for warming up to do actual exercise.

Hope you can stay motivated.
i don't think just doing jumping jacks would get quick results, it would be hard to stay focused till august.
change your diet
let someone know (even if it's your mom) you're trying to lose weight, it'll motivate you
having input from others.
FFS, we don't know your metabolism. Just do it and find out. Better yet, go running. Run up the stairs. You don't even really need to slam down salads all the time, you can basically eat what you already eat as long as you're sensible about it. I mean, don't take all of your daily calories in pizza and cake, but, assuming you don't have the worst diet in history, it's not a massive change. I've been counting calories for about a week (out of 22 years) and, it occurs that the recommended 2,000 a day is a lot. I'm not on any special diet, I just eat way less.

That said, I lost five pounds this week.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by CaptainRon

Remember, the more you work out the more you can eat.

I know it was trying to be motivational, but I read that as completely taking the piss out of this guy!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
stuff that man take up a sport that you would enjoy like bmx or mountain bike riding and change your diet because you may lose some weight but because those exercises arnt that fun you will probably get fat again or you probably will give up on it after a few weeks