ok ive been playing acoustic for about 2 years now. i just got an electric a couple of days ago.

ive been bending but not with great success does anyone have any tips or tricks when it comes to bending?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Bend with your wrist, not your fingers.(like turning a door knob.) It is best to place your third finger on the fret you're trying to bend and your second and first fingers on the frets behind it. This will allow you to bend with the strength of 3 of your fingers as opposed to just using the strength of 1 finger.
Last edited by Jake2 at Jan 21, 2009,
go to advanced techniques forum and look up the sticky wich has pretty much everything covered.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by Jake2
Bend with your wrist, not your fingers.(like turning a door knob.) It is best to place your third finger on the fret you're trying to bend and your second and first fingers on the frets behind it. This will allow you to bend with the strength of 3 of your fingers as opposed to just using the strength of 1 finger.

I disagree. It all depends on what type of bend you're going for. If you want a full bend, it is best to put all three fingers into it but if you're only want a slight bend it's easier and faster to do with just one finger. I'm not even sure exactly how you bend with your wrist....
agreed....the 2 most common bends are half and whole....remember half is supposed to sound like a half step up and whole a whole step up.....keep practising till u get the same sound and get used to bendin to that spot....agreed i use 2 or three fingers for my full bend and one for my half bends....try bending before u pluck...then pluck and release it back down....thats called a ghost bend...gl and keep rockin
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o