So I'm in a sort of odd situation. I have been playing acoustic my whole life and until last year, never picked up an electric. Not that I didnt like them, just couldnt afford a whole setup. So I went out and and bought a strat and peavey special 212, the cheapest "gig able" amp at the store. I hate it, and am in search of a new amp

The thing that has me in a bind is now im at school and couped up in a small dorm room. Space really isnt a big factor as much as the volume on the amp. So I've been looking into the Roland cube 60, cause it is somewhat loud, but has a head phone jack. BUT, i REALLY want to spend money on a tube amp, but feel it would be a lost cause because of volume limits. I was looking into a Fender Blues deluxe amp.

What should I do? I want a amp I can gig with, but perhaps be able to cart along with me to school. I play blues, along with the normal classic rock and somewhat heavier stuff on occasion.
Get yourself a blues junior my friend, I absolutely adore mine.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I'm seeing these threads are starting to pop up now. Seems you have 3 or 4 choices(maybe more). Egnator Rebel 20w, very nice amp with lots of features. Sounds great, as do the other two choices. Orange Tiny Terror 7/15w shy on knobs but not on tone. and my favorite the Blackheart Handsome Devil. 7/15w a bit less features but great tones at a great price, well built like the others.
I agree. Seems like alot of the major brands now are starting to come out with smaller wattage tube amps. Krank with the jr. Egnator with the rebel. Tiny terror. Plus i think they have a whole slew of new ones that may come out this near from the pics at the namm trade show.

Its sort of a untapped market imho cause it seemes to me that usually it was a choice between being too loud but having a really nice tone or being quieter (ss w headphone for instance) and possibly lacking in the tone dept (high end ss amps exempt but thats apples and oranges anyway).
You'll never be able to play a tube amp in a dorm, not even a small one.

Either get a tube amp and something like a vox amplug or pocket pod for headphone practice or simply get something like the Cube 60.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well... im a proud owner of a new fender blues deluxe.... I think im just gonna be rockin my acoustic at school from now on :P
Blackheart killer ant?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by steven seagull
You'll never be able to play a tube amp in a dorm, not even a small one.

Either get a tube amp and something like a vox amplug or pocket pod for headphone practice or simply get something like the Cube 60.

False. All 200 members of my dorm can attest to the snarling fury of my 15w Blues Junior.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by VisionaryTics
False. All 200 members of my dorm can attest to the snarling fury of my 15w Blues Junior.

Quote by Sin City Sid
I'm seeing these threads are starting to pop up now. Seems you have 3 or 4 choices(maybe more). Egnator Rebel 20w, very nice amp with lots of features. Sounds great, as do the other two choices. Orange Tiny Terror 7/15w shy on knobs but not on tone. and my favorite the Blackheart Handsome Devil. 7/15w a bit less features but great tones at a great price, well built like the others.

One of these, and get a Weber Mass attenuator. That will keep the volumes down, and you'll still be able to enjoy those sweet tube sounds that these amps produce.

EDIT: Crap. You already bought the amp.

Oh well, congrats!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 22, 2009,