Hi, I'm new to guitar effects and all, and I was looking to upgrade my effects from what's already on the amp, so which Pod do you think is better? Can you do the same things with the Floor pod as you could the Pocket Pod? ex. Use a male-male headphone jack for direct recording to your computer? And is the wah on it any good? Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by Alex Vik
Hi, I'm new to guitar effects and all, and I was looking to upgrade my effects from what's already on the amp, so which Pod do you think is better? Can you do the same things with the Floor pod as you could the Pocket Pod? ex. Use a male-male headphone jack for direct recording to your computer? And is the wah on it any good? Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like a no no.

What amp?

effects pedals + effects amp = poo

ususally. And my experience with headphone jacks and mic port on computers is ill. Go USB where you can.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

What amp?

ususally. And my experience with headphone jacks and mic port on computers is ill. Go USB where you can.

What he said.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

What amp?

I'm using a Line 6 Spider III amp. And when I said upgrade from it, I meant upgrade so I don't have to use it much (ex. plug the pedal into some speakers or something), or just use the clean channel on it, and use the effects pedal instead. And I've heard people's recordings of their guitar through a pod into the mic port and it sounds pretty good. I'd go USB, as I have a 1/4 to USB cable, but it's crap because of the delay it takes to convert from analog to digital.
ok ok

but usually when I hear an OP like yours the TS is not happy with tone for whatever reason and they want a pedal to fix it. I'm not a spider basher. The RP does have a mixer out port. I've ran mine into PC with USB before. I just don't think it is going to sound good when hooked up to spider. Most stores carry both, so go try out it.

Otherwise get a tube amp and add pedals all day or a really clean solid state amp with no modelling. Just my two cents.
Ok, well, I'm not really thinking of using the pedal for non-recording effects, as I'm gonna save up for a Marshall stack for that, I'm just planning on using it for recording purposes only.
if your gonna get a modelling processor and you want to use it with the spider, make sure you plug the output of the pod into the AUX/MP3 input on the spider.

EDIT: also, please dont tell me your saving up for a marshall MG halfstack
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.