Page 1 of 3
i just wanna ask why is it that pretty much everyone i see/hear always disses bassists? i just wanna know why does everyone hate bassists soo much.. i play bass and i like it.. but every1 i know pretty much disses bass and says its useless...

just wanna hear every1 elses opinon on this... =[
Music drives me.
cause everyone on UG says that bassists have no skill cause you like hit one note. i think bassists are cool.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
We don't hate bassists, we despise them. Can't even play a proper number of strings! Might as well play a cardboard box with elastic bands.

/sarcasm
Guitarists are just jealous that they can't get down with the slap 'n pop, because everyone knows that slap 'n pop in front of girls leads to slap 'n tickle later in the evening.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
Guitarists are just jealous that they can't get down with the slap 'n pop, because everyone knows that slap 'n pop in front of girls leads to slap 'n tickle later in the evening.

oooohhh yeaa soo true hahahaha
Music drives me.
Quote by neopowell

I saw a guy doing that to impress the ladies, followed by his string snapping.
Quote by neopowell

But you can do that on guitar...

I always mock bassists, but I don't mean it.. Most music would sound terrible without bass.
Quote by JackalUK
I saw a guy doing that to impress the ladies, followed by his string snapping.

Ouwch, that's almost as bad as losing your wood. And yes, I know you can do it on guitar, but it's not as sexy.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neojazzical
Wtf is a bassist?

You mean that guy in the back that nobody likes?

No..
Thats the drummer
The bassist is the guy who nobody knows and believes that he is a stalking groupie..
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Le_Bunny
I think it's only the bassists with no prerequisite skill... that is, playing repetitive notes with a pick =x

so, so true
it's not so much about hating the bassist, as it is liking everyone else (except the drummer) more
Cause they be ungrateful.

Pull a "day without a mexican" bass style, and the world will spontaneously explode.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by hb15577
most bassists play guitar aswell anyway

Yeah i play both and like them equally
plus it's cool if you can play the guitar and bass parts of songs you like
Take 'em on Take 'em out Take a stand Take a bow
I don't hate bassists, I just hate the fact that we can't many around here, and when we do, they suck.
because

A) most bassists are actually better guitarists than the guitarists in question
B) guitars aren't in the right octave for the "Orgasm note".
C) theirs is bigger
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
because

A) most bassists are actually better guitarists than the guitarists in question

this.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Sure, there are jokes about bassists and everyone hating them (yes, ahem jokes you say), just as there are jokes about guitarists and their inflated ego. If you are not willing to be satirised and be the subject of jest, then you are a loser. I respect bass, because I played it. I also joke about bass, who the hell cares, I'm sure you can live with it TS.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
We don't hate bassists, we hate drummers
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by dio_dude
I don't hate bassists, TS. I used to, but I've learnt to respect them for what they do.

Do elaborate...
Quote by JSSynister

Win.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

lol i just realized something really weird and ironic here...
some people here hate bassists/drummers/guitarists but lol you all work with them... cuz you need all those people in a band no? hahaha... thats just funny...
Music drives me.
woohoo! yay for bassists! im glad i play bass (even though im just new) =DD
Music drives me.
my brother plays bass and shreds at guitar :\

i love john myung !
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bert000
woohoo! yay for bassists! im glad i play bass (even though im just new) =DD

*Looks at join date*

I see.
ya gotta do bass right. none of this pick playing, root note bull****. some bass players can rip on their instruments better than guitar players. anyone who doesn't respect the power the bass has in a band is either a complete puddle of drool retard, or just in a really ****ty band.
Quote by Ibanez_bass2011
ya gotta do bass right. none of this pick playing, root note bull****. some bass players can rip on their instruments better than guitar players. anyone who doesn't respect the power the bass has in a band is either a complete puddle of drool retard, or just in a really ****ty band.

Pete Townshend and John Entwhistle are good examples.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Pete Townshend and John Entwhistle are good examples.

cant remember his name at the moment but the guy from rush is pretty great too
Page 1 of 3