I have always been told that modeling amps are best for the price I want (around $500 AUD) but what about getting an all around good amp with a Zoom G1/G2. I was looking at a Randall RG75 ($500) or a Randall RG40R ($400) and a Zoom G2 ($140) instead of a cube 60 or Peavey Vypyr 30.

Should I do this?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Modelling amps are nice for beginners and for practising at bedroom volumes, portability etc.

If you want to perform, or be able to sound amazing at high volumes...a tube amp is the way to go. You should probably save up a bit more for a nice head + 2x12 cab.
WTLTL 2011
Once again people do not realize that Australia Fails. The cheapest cab/head you can get is an Epiphone valve junior with a 112 cab which will sitll cost $500 or a Behringer head/412 cab for $600.

I play mainly metal and I don't gig.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Im partial to Randall...
Brutal metal sound.

Did you check out youtube clips of the amps to get an idea of what they all sounds like? (assuming you haven't played them all in store.)
Ibanez Xiphos 7 String
Carvin V3 Head
Randall RH300G3
Randall 2x12-1x15 Straight Cab
Randall 4x12 V30's Angles Cab
Get a Roland Cube then, the 15W or the 30W. Great practice amps for that style of music. I dunno how much they go for in Aus but they're good value over here.
Quote by Free
Get a Roland Cube then, the 15W or the 30W. Great practice amps for that style of music. I dunno how much they go for in Aus but they're good value over here.

I can afford the cube 60. That is $450.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by ikedawg
Im partial to Randall...
Brutal metal sound.

Did you check out youtube clips of the amps to get an idea of what they all sounds like? (assuming you haven't played them all in store.)

There are like no youtube clips of the RG75 because the one I am looking at is an early model and not many people have it. I will look at the Cube 60 and the RG40R.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
You get what you pay for. I thought my first modeling amp was cool until i got a pod xtl.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I am going to say the Randall, those things are good for metal, but in a close second would be the cube 60
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}