Hello

I have, after 3 weeks of hard and then confusing work (on every few days or so) i have finished my first guitar

I am very pleased with the sound/tone, and the sustain is amazing to my pleasant surprise, as i was really only hoping for it to be a bit better than my plywood samic strat replica *shudder*

it is made out of a red almond, a bit of a risk using it but it has turned out to have really nice tonal qualities. It has chrome hardware including gotoh machine heads, a tune-o-matic style bridge and 2 tonerider "rocksong" humbuckers.

It has a tone nob, volume and a 5 way switch, of which was different to the one in the diagram, so we trial and error-ed our own electronics layout. it has:

1: Bridge H/B 2: Bridge/Neck H/B 3: Neck H/B 4: Neck H/B with Bridge Split and 5: Bridge Split

^^ ahh that was a little long, what do you think

Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo
You sir, are the definition of Epic Win.

Gear
-Homemade Pine/Blackwood P90 Tele, and few others
- Ceriatone Overtone Special
- GFS Greenie, Pro Chorus, Sparkle Compressor, Pitchblack, Biyang Fuzzstar
wow thats kick arse for a first guitar

mine would barely look like a guitar, let alone sound any good
Nice, i like it, very original

Good job for your first build and only 3 weeks! Thats awesome.
Wow dude, nice!
I'm really glad you kept the natural look - I ****ing love natural finishes! And the body in itself is a little more adventurous than the norm, but it still looks like an actual guitar - an aesthetic lost with a LOT of modern guitars -.-
Nice choice with the pickup configuration, and I LOVE the Tele style board. I've always loved Teles for the control mounts =]
The only thing I personally dislike is the lack of upper frets. Not that I go past the 22nd really... but I DO like to know I can hehe.

All in all.... nice job! ESPECAILLY for your first job. And only three weeks at that! Here, here! To the new guitar!
haha wow, thanks guys
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo

Gear
nice countouring the horns would be a nice touch to it in my opinion
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
thanks, and to hell metalist, you should! but only if you already have the tools and the time needed.

i found a guide with all the tools u need listed as well here http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-Your-Own-Electric-Guitar!/
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo

Gear
That's really nice, man.
I think I would give it a nice dark, transparent blue finish if I was in your position.
You planning on keeping it natural?
that thing is BEAUTIFUL man!

how much did it cost ya?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
really digging the natural look with the chrome hardware. very nicely done
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
that a really nice looking guitar, love the natural finish.
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Your first guitar, huh?

Well, you did better than me

Nice one dude
Solid

EDIT:

That thing looks like it's made of granite! jesus!
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Jan 22, 2009,
Nice work! I'm not a big fan of tele-style control plates though but otherwise looks very good. Did you make the neck yourself too?
Quote by lumberjack
You rule the internet!
How's that for a compliment =)

My recordings
I am jealous. That thing looks beautiful! You really know what your doing! Can't wait till the next one!
thanks everyone, and no i didnt make the neck :P be a bit too challenging for a starter, but i will hopefully be building another, and i got an (kinda) offer to sell them, which is exciting.

Almond lumber? It is rare, i probably got it under a different name to what it really is (from a exotic timber seller a few streets from me), but if you can find some, it resonates spectacularly, and for $50 (AUD) i got enough to make two

the guitar weighs in similar to a les paul and is fairly hard and it cost me just over 300 to make.
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo

Gear
Last edited by misterdarling at Jan 23, 2009,
very nice. Nice and cheap

On the first pic it looks like there is a line around the edge of the guitar body from the horn with the strap pin around to the neck? Is that like a small bevel or something?
yeh, you cannot really see in the photo but a lot of the edges are beveled
Hi, my name is Aaron

Quote by Scowmoo

Gear