Lately I've been having trouble getting my electric guitar to tune and was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.

It just seems like I can't get my guitar tuned, no matter how much I try. Like I can tune say for example the high e string to but as soon as I even touch the B string to tune it, the e goes horribly flat. This is happening with all the strings at the moment. I can tune an individual string fine, but as soon as I try to tune another it makes the string I just tuned flat.

My guitar is a VM Squier Strat...and before people tell me this is happening because I brought a Squier I'll just say that it generally keeps tune pretty good and I haven't had this problem before.

I've been told by one person that it's because of my tuners and been told by another that my bridge will need to adjusted. However, as I don't fully trust either of their advice I'd like to hear what others think the problem is at the moment. I just hope I've explained this clear enough
If you guitar has a tremolo/whammy bar open up the back of the guitar.The springs holding the bridge down might have slipped out
The strings were changed probably about a month prior.

EDIT: It doesn't have a tremolo arm
Last edited by Emit Remmus at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Emit Remmus
The strings were changed probably about a month prior.

EDIT: It doesn't have a tremolo arm

Did the guitar have any tuning problems prior to changing out the strings? I ask because it sounds to me as though the strings are slipping on the tuning posts.
Have the tuning machines checked out, If this guitar is a hardtail, it sounds like the tuning machines may be slipping.
A soon to be retired guitarmaker.