Hey pit, i just bought a DVD off eBay, and it won't play on either of my DVD players or my PS3. It tells me the region code is incorrect, so i assume that because i bought the DVD from a guy in the US/Canada and i live in the UK, the DVD won't play. Is there any way to remove the region code so i can watch the movie i paid for? would this be deemed illegal in any way?
you cant remove the region code, but you should be able to change the region code on your DVD player, or else buy a DVD player that plays multi regions
errr, thats because of the different output thing

its like say buying an xbox game in america, it wont work on an English xbox. stupid thing tbh
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
use dvd shrink to rip the dvd onto ur pc then burn it to a blank disc
that should do it
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
I believe you can remove the region code when burning a copy of the DVD, try google
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
most dvd players have hacks that allow you to turn them into multiregion. google your dvd model number and you'll probably find one.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Google for your DVD player name and then "region code".

Many DVD players will play other regions.
You either copy it and find the option in your burning program that says: remove region code or you hax your dvd player to region 0 (sometimes theres a switch at the back, sometimes you can change it from the remote, sometimes you need to take it apart).
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
You're also going to have problems because American DVDs output in NTSC format, and the vast, vast majority of UK players and TVs can only read and show PAL format output.

For the UK you basically have to make sure the DVD is Region 2 with the colour in PAL format, or you need to get a region-free DVD player and a TV capable of showing a NTSC output.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You're also going to have problems because American DVDs output in NTSC format, and the vast, vast majority of UK players and TVs can only read and show PAL format output.

For the UK you basically have to make sure the DVD is Region 2 with the colour in PAL format, or you need to get a region-free DVD player and a TV capable of showing a NTSC output.

In other words, watch it online

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There's a free program called DVD Shrink that can do that for you.
Quote by pwrmax
There's a free program called DVD Shrink that can do that for you.

I have Metalocalypse on DVD but it doesn't play on my PS3, I wish it would
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Random3
dude you're a legend, tried this and it works! thanks man

thankyou! all too often on this website you help someone out and get no thanks for it.

glad i could help.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix