I am looking at getting a Fuzz pedal but want a FUZZ pedal. I already have a Boss BD2 OD pedal (soon to be Keeley Moded), so I want my fuzz to be a "true fuzz" pedal.
I also am getting a Vox Wah 847a to go in front of my chain, so it will have to work with that.

Let's pretend that price doesn't matter (to a point). What to go with?

i was thinking about the MXR 173 but have read it goes closer to that OD sound rather than Fuzz. anyway, what ya think?
Death By Audio Fuzz War
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Goldenglove

Red Witch Fuzz God

yes.

Also: Frantone Electronics: Peach Fuzz, Cream Puff fuzz, Sweet Germanium.
Lovepedal: 200 lbs. of Tone, Karl Fuzz
Catalinbread: V8 Fuzz
Earthquaker Devices: Tusk Fuzz, Hoof Fuzz

Sooo many options..,.

Also: Big Muff with Tone Wicker
Zvex Woolly mammoth fuzz

What kind of fuzz tone are you going for?
Nothing mentioned so far is going to work well after the V847A other than the MXR the TS mentioned. You're going to need a fuzz with an input buffer or a high input impedance (which is rare on a fuzz). I would actually suggest getting an output buffer for your wah instead of trying to get a fuzz with an input buffer.
I have heard the MXR leans more toward OD,?????

I am looking for 60's or 70's Fuzz tone. Not Jimi, more like Jimmy.
Quote by timp3

Like a tonebender type thing?

Me too, I'll let you know when I find it
Quote by imgooley
Like a tonebender type thing?

Me too, I'll let you know when I find it

It's all in the fingers (at least that is what i have been told, i suck so i wouldn't

know!!!)
Quote by timp3

Well it's a silicon fuzz face clone, it leans towards later Hendrix fuzz tones. It gets fairly fuzzy full tilt, cleans up though. http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=898&CategoryID=

So you're after Page like fuzz tones then; The Yardbirds/first Zep album type tones? A MKII Tonebender is what you'll want. The Throbak Stone Bender will do the trick. It's a slightly modded MKII, reaches less fuzzy tones much easier than a straight MKII clone. Won't work well after a wah though unless you have an output buffer on the wah.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Jan 21, 2009,
Sovtek Green Big Muff PI - Triangle Knobs - Classic Fuzz and totally nasty - love it!
+1 to that, I didn't mention it cause it is a hard find.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Bud. MXR 173. I own it and have used it for a while and you'd love it. Great tone, great fuzz. You can get it to sound overdriven, or just whacked out and crazy. I use a wah, and it does have a buffer switch and works fantastically. Although, I have heard awesome things about the fuzz factory. If you've got the money I'd recommend trying it out unless you wanna play it safe and go with the mxr.