I was wondering if the Pit could be of some use...

Basically when I plug my headphones into my amp or my laptop, I'm losing a lot of volume to the point where I'm having to have everything full-blast just to hear things.

Any ideas what's the problem? I've got the laptop's master volume right up too.

It's either the computer's fault or I'm going deaf...
Have you tried any other sets of headphones?
They're probably just knackard.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
No, they're almost brand new.

How does that rule out them being broken? They could just be faulty. I'm sure they have some kind of warranty, yes?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Are they the ones that go right in? Could be ear wax over the speaker bit. Actually what headphones are they?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
Are they the ones that go right in? Could be ear wax over the speaker bit

No, they're the can type.
Quote by JackalUK
Do they have a volume control on the wire that you may have missed?

Nope. It's just a straight wire.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
No, they're the can type.

Hmm... a ****ing monsterous amount of ear wax they crawled out of your head without you noticing and decided to set up home on the speakers?

Have you tried them with anything else? Some headphones are just quiet
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
check your volume controls on your computer, they sometimes change automatically when a mini-jack (your headphone input) is plugged in. otherwise, check with a different set of headphones. thats the only way to fault find mate.

if the problem still occurs with different headphones, then you know its not your new headphones and go from there.
You use them on your amp, right? That always kills my headphones when i do that.
Quote by mr.happyman
lemme share something with you guys, if you wanna get chicks, all you gotta do is stand around and look metal. screw finding the chicks, once they see how metal you are, they'll be all over ya.
Could be a dodgy connection - are they pushed into the socket fully? If they are try pulling them out a tadge and see if it makes a difference...other than that do other headphones work ok? If they do sounds like you may have got a faulty pair...
...did u press it all the way inn? i didnt on my new PC 1st time, and got insane low volume xP
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by JackalUK
Do they have a volume control on the wire that you may have missed?

I remember when i had my headphones really quiet for about 3 weeks before i realised that was the problem