Then don't get an Ibanez?

I feel sorry for people who play left handed guitars and basses. I happen to be left handed actually, but I play guitar "right handed".
Quote by Les Paul Ell

I feel sorry for people who play left handed guitars and basses. I happen to be left handed actually, but I play guitar "right handed".

i agree, i am left handed and i have always played bass normally, i will never understand why people play left handed...
Quote by Taygunov
i agree, i am left handed and i have always played bass normally, i will never understand why people play left handed...

I think that it's better for left handed people to play right handed guitars, then their dominant hand is on the fretboard. Perhaps even right people should play left handed guitars.
i have no idea how so many posters here came to that consensus but seriously there is an l bass shortage
My husband plays guitar and bass lefthanded. He's tried both ways and finds its much easier to play a left handed instrument. I think its really going to vary from person to person and how dominant the hand preference is.
Quote by Les Paul Ell

I do this aswell, it does help for fretting technique although your plucking technique suffers, both for stamina and speed.

I suggest looking outside of ibanez, it's hard being lefty in a right hand world, atleast were not getting our hands whipped for writing left handed anymore though.
BAM
I present to you....the SR500BML ...

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Yamaha makes some decent left handed basses. I may just buy a used Yamaha BB414L for Mr. Tam since he has shown a desire to learn bass.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I think that it's better for left handed people to play right handed guitars, then their dominant hand is on the fretboard. Perhaps even right people should play left handed guitars.

I know, I've never understood why you waste your dominant hand on plucking the strings. And it's even worse for guitarists using a pick, because you need even less dexterity.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by Caltelt
BAM
I present to you....the SR500BML ...

I've tried the righty version of that one. It's actually very nice
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
playing normally is not playing right handed. not everybody is right handed. and im left handed. i play a right handed guitar like a lefty. so i just flip it.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by kugelspot
I know, I've never understood why you waste your dominant hand on plucking the strings. And it's even worse for guitarists using a pick, because you need even less dexterity.

There was a study done out there a while back, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. In reality your dominant hand is doing all the creative work when you play guitar or bass. Once you teach your non-dominant hand where things are on the fretboard, its your dominant hand that determines the rhythm, timbre and feel of the music you are playing--the creative side of the equation.

Depending on the degree of dominance, it is possible to teach your non-dominant hand to take over the creative side of things--i.e. the left handed person playing a right handed instrument.
Quote by kugelspot

The theory is that your fretting hand stays in the same place a lot, whereas your plucking hand is always moving with every single note. It's less about dexterity and more about strength.

I'm a lefty playing a righty bass and while it feels pretty natural to me, playing with a pick is difficult as hell and really stamina draining.

Edit: Yeah, what Anarkee said too.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3