Okay so I'm thinking about getting an Epiphone Les Paul/ SG/ Or flying V, Which would be the best? And please be specific because there is like an Les paul deluxe, and a special and all that stuff =P
what style do you play?
what looks sexier and what feels and looks more comfertable on you?
do you play rhythm or lead? cause a flying v would look stupid on a rhythm?
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Get the one you feel most comfortable playing. The Epiphone Special models have bolt on necks and are the cheapest ones so make sure you get one of the set neck versions.

Quote by Aurigo
what style do you play?

James Hetfield of Metallica plays rhythm and plays V's sometimes. He doesn't look stupid.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Jan 21, 2009,
Depends what you like to play I guess but I always like to urge folk to at least look at firebirds.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
i would go with the V but thats only because I love the V shape. and also, where are you getting an epiphone V, ive looked everywhere and can only find the korina version.
So wait, the specials les pauls are good or bad? xD, and to all others, I think all of them are beautiful. thats why I need help choosing, I want something Cheap but goood. I play Classic rock and some santana, mostly Deep purple, Black sabbath, AC DC, Motorhead, stuff like that =P
The Les Paul Specials? Yeah, pretty awful. They're about the worst LP you could get.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Aurigo
what style do you play?

I play lead
Quote by Baby Joel
The Les Paul Specials? Yeah, pretty awful. They're about the worst LP you could get.

Yeah uhm. dont you have one? xD
Quote by Guitar0725
Yeah uhm. dont you have one? xD

Yep. It was my first guitar. I hated it so much, that's why I got my Washburn. :P
Its a decent learners guitar, but you can still find better.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Well I still have the problem of not knowing whether to get a SG, Flying V, or a Les paul.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Get the one you feel most comfortable playing. The Epiphone Special models have bolt on necks and are the cheapest ones so make sure you get one of the set neck versions.

James Hetfield of Metallica plays rhythm and plays V's sometimes. He doesn't look stupid.

Yeah the Specials and 100's are pretty bad. If you want a nice feeling Epiphone that doesnt have rosewood. Go for the Zakk Wylde Camo bullseye LP The maple neck is sex. but. The HZ EMGS are lame. they lack the balls of their active brothers. Better than the Alcino pickups Epihpone usualy uses. Though they dont sound bad in the G-400 I have, But they use different pickups in the Goth series than the regular G-400 series.

And Zakk Wylde plays Randy Rhoads' old jackson and it kinda looks stupid and awesome. But thats because Zakk is huge nowadays, When he was skinny it didnt look bad.

Randy's jackson was almost as big as Randy himself... O_o Hell his LP was too.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
epiphone sgs are quite good for the price. i have an epi lp wich i am also happy with. but i would got for the sg
Quote by Guitar0725
Well I still have the problem of not knowing whether to get a SG, Flying V, or a Les paul.

the only way you can know which is best for you is to go out and try them - we can't tell you which you prefer.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm just asking YOUR opinion =P, give me an exact model name and i'll go check them out. I dont want to go to the store and check every model =P
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
But they use different pickups in the Goth series than the regular G-400 series.

They are the same pickups but they just don't put the chrome covers on them. I got that from an Epiphone catalog that list the specs of all their guitars.
if you are talking sg special and les paul special, I wouldnt recomend it unless you are still really learning. if it is standard les paul and g-400, I would say that if you want to play lead on the highest frets, go for the sg, it is much easier than then les paul.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Ive owned many Epi LP's and I gotta say that the Standard is great, but if you want an investment go Custom. Its about 200 dollars more, but well worth it.
Also, if you do decide the LP is for you, check out LTDs. My EC-1000 can keep up with my gibson custom, so there you go XD
Ive never cared for the Epi SGs, the Flying Vs are okay, and the explorers Ive never played, i hope this helps.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
get a flamekat.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
iv got the g-400 and i put in emgs cuz there wasnt enough output from the cheaper pickups, but for ac dc they sound great.. deffinetly go with a standard lp or sg-400 in my opinion. sgs are better for metal/speed cuz of the upper fret access while the lp has a nicer tone, kick ass looks and a thinner neck i think?.. but if your plannin on gigging the g-400 has major neck dive bcuz it connects the strap too far in the body(the gibsons have the strap connection about an inch farther on the neck, would think they would make the epis like this but guess it makes u want the gibson more, stupid greedy companies ) but deff not the other two unless u are in love with the looks.

standard or custom lp, or g-400 whatever you like best!