Allright, thx

Testing it is difficult because they don't sell both amps in the same store.
I have the Vypyr 15 and put a 10" speaker in it. I'm amazed at how good it sounds for such a cheap amp.
I owned a Cube 60 last year, it was a good amp. With that said, I own a Peavey Vypyr 75 now and it smokes the Cube in every possible way.
Hmm, I still don't know witch to buy because both amps are good.
I also asked it at dutch forums and gettin not any wiser.
CUBE- has a dyna amp model and a acoustic amp model. and great cleans(jazz chorus), world class effects (based on boss effects).
vypyr- more metal oriented, no acoustic amp model, has 12 programmable presets( 400? if you have the sanpera foot switch)+ looper (if you have the sanpera).
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^ either cube or vox VT series would be good if you are not playing metal.

BTW what is your budget??
may i suggest you a good tube amp???
feel free to add me
What does the dyna amp model and other. Can you adjust it for more effects like delay etc.

Cube 30- I tried both and bought the cube-easier setup

and can they do the same like effects? or has the peavey more effects?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

BTW what is your budget??

I forgot, my budget is max 250€
well you got chorus flanger phaser and tremolo on the cube. i forget what the vypyr has but the cube also goes well with pedals. also the distortion models are in some ways better than the vypyr if you have a good tonal setup.
Oh Hey look at my signature
and all that (chorus flanger phaser and tremolo) it changes the sound?
Quote by Gook
and all that (chorus flanger phaser and tremolo) it changes the sound?

yes alot
feel free to add me
Ok so the cube has those 4? The Vypyr has distortion, dual octaver, OD, Boost, compressor, flange, auto wah, phaser, chorus, fuzz, and ring mod just in stomp boxes. Most of these sound good IMO. The rack effects side has tremolo, chorus, flange, phase, slap back, rotary speaker, octaver, and pitch shifter. Not included on the effects dials are delay and reverb. With the sanpera, you gain a looper, wah, and pitch shifter (think digitech whammy).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jan 21, 2009,
It looks like the vyper has a lot more of sound effects, or not?
Yes. Quite a few more. I think it sounds better too. I found the the cube kinda dull and over-compressed sounding... the vypyr IMO has much better more open tone.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Gook
It looks like the vyper has a lot more of sound effects, or not?

lol read the above post.

you need the sanpera pedal to get the whammy,wah,etc .
but the cube has a better effects and amp model quality than the vypyr,imo.
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by BlackDog55
well the cube has distortion and od aswell oneblackend

No, it doesn't have OD and distortion stomp boxes does it? No? My point.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
well it doesn't have stomp boxes but there is something called distortion/OD stompboxes which as you know can be plugged into an amp. so the distortion and OD features don't make much of a difference
Oh Hey look at my signature
extra expense.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Allright, what is the difference between stompboxes, amp and effects?
they are equally good. Cube has better sound quality and Vypyr has more features.

EDIT:

Stompboxes are like tubescreamers, on/off switches before your amp.
Effects are effect loops that usually come on amps such as phaser, flanger, delay and reverb.
Amps are amp models which gives a similar or "modeled" sound of a different amp.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jan 22, 2009,
I just got the Cube 30x.

I was considering the Vypyr. In fact I was watching several threads in different forums about the Vypyr since last August. The problem was that there were just too many people who had problem Vypyrs from a hum to a squeel to power problems to a Vypyr just refusing to work, and Peavey refused to admit there was a problem. The Vypyr has a lot of gadgets. It looks like a lot of fun to play with those little toys.

I had never heard any report of Cube quality problems. I've never heard anyone say that their Cube didn't work properly.

I also got the Cube because of the Power Squeezer. With the press of a button the amp becomes a 2 Watt amp and can be played without bothering other people in the house. This was an extremely attractive and very useful feature for me.

Now that I have the Cube 30X, it's a good amp. The thing does not hum at all. I've had it right next to the TV while I was watching the inauguration, and even there the amp made no hum. I never thought an amp could be so quiet. Truth be told the effects don't impress me much. I like the reverb though. The sound of the amp is more important to me.

There are different models to choose from. The clean channel is breathtaking. I mean that's just a near perfect clean. The other channel has different models from an acoustic simulator to amp models with various degrees of gain. You've got some good amp models that you can get bluesy Otis Rush/Albert King sounds to some high gain amp models with heavy distortion.

I got the Cube 30x to keep me occupied until Peavey fixes the problems with the Vypyr. My original intention was to storm GC like a Walmart shopper on black Friday the minute a reliable Vypyr model came out. But now I don't know. This Cube 30x is damn good. I don't see why I'd need anything else for home practice.