so i was at guitar center on sunday, and i saw this little thing, and decided to try it out.
i was totally blown away! it had such a beautiful clean tone. it brought out the best qualities in both of my pickups.
then i cranked the drive
DAMN
on the neck and bridge pups i got such a great classic rock tone, ranging form AC/DC to LedZep, from Cream to The Who.
turning back on the tone on my neck pup, it brought about a great blues tone, sorta like buddy guy, or bb king before he started using nothing but mids

so people, i ask you, the faithful of GG&A, what are your experiences with this amp? is it reliable? i dont wanna go out and buy an amp if its gonna break down on me, no matter how cheap it is.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Never tried it, but the opinions are pretty mixed - some think the tone is pretty bad.
Haven't heard of any reliability issues, though.
Btw, does the attenuator really work noticeably? I've heard some people say it barely does a thing..
yeah, i tried it, didnt really do much. however, i didnt really crank the amp that much, since i didnt want to disturb other people (unlike all the crazy people shredding a squire through a crate ss amp at max volume. damn idiots)
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I was at GC the other day but I didn't get to try this amp cause two guys were having band practice and one was using this amp.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I tried it a couple days ago at Guitar Center, and to be honest I wasn't impressed, the cleans where good, but I didn't like the distortion. It was just way too fizzy, not what I wanted, also the attenuator is a joke I tried to change it but it didn't do a thing. In the end I left that amp alone and plugged back into the Bogner Alchemist, that's a great amp.

In the end though, I'd say if you like the amp go for it, I'd just watch out for the attenuator, it was worthless on the model I tried.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
yeah, attenuators dont really matter to me that much.
but i'm on a budget here, and since i get my bass teacher's discount at Chuck Levin's music center, i dont even need to barter with the people at GC. and the amp is right in my price range.
i tried the alchemist. love that amp as well, but like i said, on a budget
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
It seems the attenuator actually controls the plate voltage of the output tubes, and as a result, isn't very effective.
whats plate voltage?
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I was at guitar center the other day and I tried this amplifier. I used a Dean VX (the same guitar I play). I did not play the amplifier very clean, but got a nice mild overdrive at medium gain. I put the gain to full and got a distortion similar to my Vox AD50VT's US Higain setting (which has a pretty crunchy distortion suited to modern hard rock). What I liked about the Rebel 20 was the way it amplified palm mutes. On reliability, it's a fairly new amp, I think its counterpart the Tourmaster came out middle of last year, so there might not be much data that, but the reviews I've read haven't said anything about it breaking.
yeah, i noticed that about the palm mutes too.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
whats plate voltage?

You better read it up at Wikipedia, as I'm quite poor at physics. I'm not saying this for sure is the way the Rebel attenuator operates, but that's what I've heard.
oh, ok.
to the land of lies and filth!! (plus the occasional piece of helpful info)
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
^ how good is the amp selection at chuck levin's? i havent been there in a couple years (im from your area) and i remember it was ok, but nothing special. ive got no experience with the egnater because i havent seen one yet, but if chuck levin's has them in, i know where im going next time ive got a few hours to kill...