im looking around at new guitars and i really want a V or an explorer body shape, but the gibsons are $$$$$. does anyone know any other brands that make these body styles that are decent guitars and look cool. im not looking at breaking the bank with this purchase but i would like something nice. (I thought the scheter V was pretty cool and im leaning twords it, but not a fan of the color)

PS- it would be AWESOME if they came in white. Thanks.
ive looked everyhwere because i know that epiphone used to make a regular V but now only does the korina version. also, gibson used to make a faded V for a reasonable price but as far as i know they discontinued this as well. do you know where I could find either of these?
have you tried esp ltd guitars, they have good v and explorer shapes and a good prices.
There's a faded white 3 pickup V on gak (UK) for £629.....i dunno how that compares in the US and if they still make it. Epiphone and Hamer also make good V's and Explorers
Ebay, Craigslist, your local guitarshops used rack
Jackson & LTD make explorer body shapes
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
ive looked everyhwere because i know that epiphone used to make a regular V but now only does the korina version. also, gibson used to make a faded V for a reasonable price but as far as i know they discontinued this as well. do you know where I could find either of these?

Try the korina one?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Here's a few brands that make them:

Explorer shape:
Gibson
Epiphone
Hamer
ESP/LTD
Dean

V shape:
Gibson
Epiphone
Hamer
Dean
ESP/LTD
Jackson
Schecter

Also look used of course.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
oh dude !
Gibson Explorer sucks ass !
if i were you i whould have never paid that much money for the ""Gibson"" brand name !!!!!
its not that good ...
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
I just bought a new Gibson V in cherry red with a softcase for $800 even at GC in PHX. right before christmas.

great guitar, and for $800 it's a no brainer.
Are you looking for a traditional shape or something a little extreme? Also what it your price range? Dean offers both guitars in their 79' Series for under $500 in transparent and solid finishes. The transparent ones have a Flamed Top and they all have Grover hardware. Also try to look for used equipment. You can score Gibson Faded V's for under $400 used

Dean V 79

Dean Z 79

EDIT:
Just saw that you're looking for a white one haha. They offer both of the guitars above in White

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 21, 2009,
Jackson makes some great v's both regular and offset v's if you like the thin necks
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor