Page 1 of 3
Been a fan of this band for 12+ years.

They are amazing.

Alot of you will likely hate it and wonder why I listen to it. The rest of you will be amazed just as I am. There are 1000 sources for this band on the web as Mr. Doctor mainly leaves it to the various fan clubs to run everything as he doesn't enjoy the public eye. The releases you will find on the net for purchase are all fan club reissues, anyone who has an ORIGINAL printing of any of these albums I would gleefully stab and run off with.

http://www.devildoll.nl/

Various Myspace accounts:
www.myspace.com/dominatedbyillusion
www.myspace.com/35322879
www.myspace.com/devildolltribute
www.myspace.com/misterdoctor666

You can't just listen to a couple tracks from these Myspace accounts and walk away in disgust. The albums are generally written as one long song and run together to form a theme. These accounts simply show samples from different albums.

You can look further into them if you are interested, there is info everywhere.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Holy crap another Devil Doll fan.

I rarely appreciate this form of music a lot, but damn when I first heard The Girl Who Was.... Death, its blew me away. Been a fan since then.

UG noobs, check em out.

Some genuinely disturbing, beautiful, off guard landscape painting music. Shame he has no plan of releasing the music he is writing.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Somehow I had a feeling you would post first.

I too rarely listen to this type of stuff, but Mr. Doctor does something right.

The girl who was... death was my first as well. I would probably say it's still my favorite.
"Who are you..."
"Who..."

"The Footsteps... of an assassin.."

"Footsteps."

"Death!"

During awkward quiet moments with friends I just like to quote his music. Always ends with good results. Mr. Doctor sounds like an interesting person to meet and converse with. He.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
The ending of Dies Israe III is incredible.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
A friend gave me Dies Irae to listen to a while ago, pretty good stuff.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

This is... weird

However, I shalt listen and try to get into it, as it seems as though it'll be rewarding. I could have sworn that was a girl singing Dies Irae.
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 21, 2009,
The girl who was... death is a little more accessible than their other stuff.

So try that album out, its not as all over the place. The "free for all" track on the first myspace is from that album.
Long time fan right here... Nice to see someone started up a Devil Doll thread... it's about time!

(although probably wouldn't classify as metal really)
It doesn't classify as metal but a majority of their fans are metalheads. They even have an entry on Metal Archives.
Holy fuck that Dies Irae XII scared the living hell out of me

God, little girl talking..i'm thinking...creepy...then..CRASH CRASH...and my pants are now soiled.

It's pretty awesome to listen to, an eerie, yet cool feeling
I'll check this out cos of nebiru's and VG's liking it. Normally I wouldn't try this kind of music. Also looking for the movie!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yes.

I really like this, it's perfect for if I was lying down, or on a long bus or train ride (especially at night, or the evening).

I'd need to give it my full attention while listening, not just have it on in the background. I definitely want to get my hands on some, or all, of this stuff.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Try Dark Symphonies.... they usually keep them in stock.
What's with the "...."?

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

http://www.darksymphonies.com/

EDIT: They don't have them right now it seems... just order it from The End records or something... or ebay.
Last edited by nebiru at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Holy crap another Devil Doll fan.

I rarely appreciate this form of music a lot, but damn when I first heard The Girl Who Was.... Death, its blew me away. Been a fan since then.

UG noobs, check em out.

Some genuinely disturbing, beautiful, off guard landscape painting music. Shame he has no plan of releasing the music he is writing.

ME TOO!!!! Xenoyr told me about this band last year, fukking awesome, I love the Girl who was death!!!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
How come I have never seen that Xenoyr guy before?
^I don't know how you can miss him, here's on fairly often, but mainly the NeO thread.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by nebiru

Hes the singer for Ne Obliviscaris I believe. Only really posts in that thread.
I used to put this guys work on for hours at a time in the background of my place.
Makes everyday situations dramatic.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
"Mr.Doctor inspired by the life and music of George H. Bone and the poems of E.
A. Poe, Emily Bld, Isidore Ducasse"

Anybody know who Bone and Bld are, I just looked up Ducasse, and he seems interesting enough to read.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Nope, where did you quote that from?
Quote by nebiru

He does gutturals for Ne Obliviscaris, he's usually only in the NeO thread.

I'm interested in hearing more from this band, I'm really interested in this sort of thing.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Pretty good band (solo project?) with some annoying vocals. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've listened to them, but I don't remember there being anything metal about them whatsoever...but again, it's been a while.
Quote by nebiru
Nope, where did you quote that from?

I quoted it from the MA page, on the Dies Irae link, but the only two that I could identify were Poe and Ducasse.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by DeusExMachina90
Pretty good band (solo project?) with some annoying vocals. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've listened to them, but I don't remember there being anything metal about them whatsoever...but again, it's been a while.

The song structures and atmosphere seemed like metal to me a couple of times.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I fukking love this band, quite possibly a close tie with NeO for one of my most treasured bands. Go listen to The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms, NAOW!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Oh my...

I had the name "Devil Doll" somewhere in the back of my head and as I was downloading some random music, it suddenly struck me to find an album.

I'm 15 minutes through The Girl Who Was... Death! in what feels like the shortest 15 minutes of my entire life. Honest to god I thought I was at 4 or 5 minutes tops. Really enchanting and enthralling and stellar and inquisitive and intriguing and grand and majestic and spectacular and flowing and engaging.
I've found Jesus
I have The Girl Who Was...Death! and The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms. I haven't listened to either of these for some reason.
I'm listening to it now. I'm on track 3 of the Dies Irae album and I love it. Thanks!
Quote by Contraband
Oh my...

I had the name "Devil Doll" somewhere in the back of my head and as I was downloading some random music, it suddenly struck me to find an album.

I'm 15 minutes through The Girl Who Was... Death! in what feels like the shortest 15 minutes of my entire life. Honest to god I thought I was at 4 or 5 minutes tops. Really enchanting and enthralling and stellar and inquisitive and intriguing and grand and majestic and spectacular and flowing and engaging.

My favourite part in that song, or any song in general is where the violin comes in at 9:00, GOD THAT TRANSITION IS JUST FUKKING EPIC! Still have to say that Sacrilege of Fatal Arms is my favourite album though, it's an hour and nineteen minutes of pure sex.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Mar 10, 2009,
My downloading program, Ares, tricked me into thinking that I was only downloading one song by Devil Doll, but apparently, it's more than, because it's over an hour long.

Btw, The Girl Who Was...Death, is probably one of the highlights of things you've told me about, Neb
Alot of Devil Dolls material is one hour+ long song.
Really?

Well, I know that for when I download more stuff then. Ares can be a life saver for music.

So, what's with all the myspace pages for Devil Doll?
Page 1 of 3