http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sonuus-Sonuus-Universal-Guitar-To-Midi-Converter?sku=580314

I know Roland has a few guitar synths but they are quite high in price...
This unit sells for just $100 and I would imagine it would be quite useful for those looking to tab out songs by playing them on guitar.

It will be interesting to see how the reviews stack up once a few people try it.
Very very interesting. Not just for tabbing stuff out, it looks like it's only good for single notes, but you could get some pretty strange sounds if you pair it up with a synth module. Good for dance rock guitarists... that being said... they probably already have solutions like this.

Veerryyyy interesting.
HOLY CRAP!
I want one now. This would be sooooooo freaking cool. I feel like a little kid on christmas right now. WOWWZER. I really hope this thing works. The possibilities with this thing are insane. My guitar can now sound like a trumpet. lol. or whatever I want it to.
SOOOOO FREAKING COOL
ok need to calm down.
also, this could be used to write as well. hmmmm nice.
Thanks for sharing this.

-Ryan
that is interesting. drum solos on your guitar. vocals.
wonder of the quality though. like if i tremo pick will is sound like blast beats and what about chords?
still for the price its pretty decent. maybe in the future.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
it says monophonic so no chords.

however im really really curious as to how it will deal with bends.

tremelo blast beats = freaking awsome.

I am really hoping this works well.

-Ryan
I guess once it reaches that point between a note it just changes note.
It seems really cool. playing violin with some really good samples on your guitar or down tuning to without changing the strings or play it as a bass.
The more I think about this the more I want it.
That makes since.
unfortunately this is going to mean no pitch bends. and slides might be wierd.
I guess you would have to set a pedal (wah? a midi pedal that is like a wah? idk.) in order to operate the "pitch bend" like on a keyboard.
hehehe
but that also opens up mod wheels as well which is cool.

Now this is all just speculation just so we know. I have no clue on how this is going to really work.

-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
That makes since.
unfortunately this is going to mean no pitch bends. and slides might be wierd.
I guess you would have to set a pedal (wah? a midi pedal that is like a wah? idk.) in order to operate the "pitch bend" like on a keyboard.
hehehe
but that also opens up mod wheels as well which is cool.

Now this is all just speculation just so we know. I have no clue on how this is going to really work.

-Ryan

I'd of thought that you couldnt use a wah but there might be wah simulator programs on the net you can use on the midi.
all I know is Guitar+Reason = awesome
really what I was thinking was a midi wah pedal to act as a controller for pitch bend and mod wheel functions. like as in the same way a midi keyboard has mod and pitch wheels.

-Ryan
This is great. I've been wanting to trigger synths with my guitar for ages, but the price of doing so comes fairly high. This is the ideal solution. Hope it works well, and is really low latency like it says.
There is poetry in despair.

Added to my gear wish list haha.

It probably supports bends to an extent, the same way you can control midi input with the pitch shifter on a keyboard.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
really what I was thinking was a midi wah pedal to act as a controller for pitch bend and mod wheel functions. like as in the same way a midi keyboard has mod and pitch wheels.

-Ryan

I think this thing does do bends.
listen to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT3j_52cWBA
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
Oh lord.
I need more money now.

your not wrong! I'm guessing it'll set me back about £130 with decent PC speakers. damn valentines day is holding me up!
Notice this:

"MIDI latency: 16ms to 30ms depending on note and characteristics of input signal"

=Unacceptible
Quote by TheDriller
Notice this:

"MIDI latency: 16ms to 30ms depending on note and characteristics of input signal"

=Unacceptible

my stealthplug is like 94ms, still sounds pretty dead on
i doubt it, considering that most people notice latency above 20ms, and a drummer will definatly feel it at 15ms.