ok so my friend bought a new acoustic dean bass and the action is way to super low and it buzzes at the 5th fret so it cam with an allen wrench so would we have to mess with a truss rod.. (do acoustics have truss rods?) because it doesnt have like a normal electric bridge so idk what to do.... HELP please (i'm not an acoustical kinda guy)
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
You dont nedd to mess around withth e truss rod to adjust action. Just hieghten the bridge.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
how do you do that on an acoustic?
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Well is it a wooden single piece bridge or similiar, im presuming you can lift theat wooden bar up.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yeah its a single piece wooden bridge
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Then can you lift it up anyway.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
im still not sure how thats going to work but ok thanks for the help i guess
✠Adolf Hitler✠
you want to raise the action right, to stop the fret buzz, so you lift the strings higher off the finger board, ir the bridge.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
This sounds like a truss rod problem, yes. Truss rods do have a huge effect on action. Check neck relief (fret the first and last frets at the same time and check the distance between the string and the fret at the 8th fret).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
so we need to adjust the truss rod back away from the front of the body correct?
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by thefitz
This sounds like a truss rod problem, yes. Truss rods do have a huge effect on action. Check neck relief (fret the first and last frets at the same time and check the distance between the string and the fret at the 8th fret).

Im not to sure on acoustics. but if i need to heighten my action to reduce fret buzz, i shouldnt need to mess with my truss rod, should I?
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
If you're using an electric you won't need to mess with the truss rod, but if you're using an acoustic the bridges can't be adjusted, so you would have to mess with the truss rod.
Oh, i thouight on alot of them you could lower or make heigher each side of the bridge.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i didnt think you could move the bridge on an acoustic
✠Adolf Hitler✠