This is a question for all you Agile owners. I'm considering buying myself an Agile since the price is right and all I ever hear is good things about them. The one thing that's putting me off slightly though is that Agile uses Licensed Floyd Rose trems. Now, I will admit that I've never personally used a LFR before, but based on popular opinion most of them are ****.

So, to those of you who own an Agile w/ LFR, how is it? Are they of good quality? Also, I'm aware that some brands of LFRs are better than others. Any idea which brand Agile uses?
LFRs are not all ****, it means the company makes rather then floyd rose. a decent amount of them are **** but some LFRs can be decent.
sorry as to your question i dont know.
but now you know more about LFRs!!
some LFRs are good. very few are complete sh!t. now, most licensed floyds will not last as long as OFRs but they will work just fine for 2-3 or mmaybe even 5 years. from what ive heard the agile floyds are decent, and from the pics ive seen they are very close to these .

i have also heard that you can just drop in an OFR, though ive never actually seen this done. so theyre you have it!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
i have also heard that you can just drop in an OFR, though ive never actually seen this done.

yeah, I considered that. But after shipping, exhange, and duty I'm going to be paying about $300 extra for a $600 guitar. So it wouldn't really be financially sound to drop another $300 on an OFR.
you could get it, wait 2-5 years for the current trem to crap out, and then but a replacement LFR for like $60-100. then do it again in another 2-5 years!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
you could get it, wait 2-5 years for the current trem to crap out, and then but a replacement LFR for like $60-100. then do it again in another 2-5 years!

Hmmm, true. I guess my main concern was more issues with tuning stability and actual functionality. If the biggest negative point with Licensed Flord Roses really is that they "wear out" over time then I can deal with that. By the time the Licensed craps out I'll probably even have the $$$ to spare for an OFR replacement.

Of course, that's all assuming I even have the guitar for that long.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Jan 21, 2009,
I personally have an Agile with a LFR and it stays in tune after heavy abuse. I barely abuse it, but when I go tremolo crazy, I do wham it a lot. Barely detunes, if nothing at all. It's worth the purchase imo and I feel you, I was a little doubtful about buying a LFR'd Agile because of said system's quality.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
as long as you follow the advice in my sig (the BIG part in red) the only problems you will have will be the lenght of time it stays working properly. i mean you could keep it working longer by sharpening the knife-edges and so on but for $60 you could just buy a new one!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B