Howdy, I played bass long ago for 4 years, and since then I have sold all of my gear, and have been playing mostly 7 string guitars and the such and have invested all of my money towards guitar amps and gear, and haven't played bass for a long time until just the other day, and started playing some of the old stuff I used to play when I had a bass, and I have been thinking of the idea of buying another bass and amp just for fun, so no huge gigging amp needed here or anything like that.
I want a 5 string, so I can use it for recording in the songs that I use my 7's in (like in my profile) and also to get back into playing it for fun and all that.
I've been looking into an Ibanez SR505, as it's in my price range, and a SWR Workingpro 10 or 12. The main idea I'm going for is slap bass tone, but to have a good low end. I don't need a big amp at All, but I want it to sustain the low notes of a 5 string and have some decency for recording (either pre-amp out, or a good tone for recording).
The most I would like to spend is $600 for the amp, and I want a good metal-bass tone (similar to Ryan Martinie's of Mudvayne for example, but considering he uses some massive ass Ampeg's, a little out of the question ) or the tone of the bassist in Gojira.
So can you guys give me some advice for a good bass amp for that in the $600 range? And also your opinions on the SR505?
Thanks
go for a starter pack =)

now THAT was a joke..
on topic:
yeah my mate owns a SR 505 and he's quite happy with it...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Is the 600 just for the amp, or for both.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Oh right, Look at ashdown, peavey, hartke and second hand trace elliots.

My fave their are ashdown and trace elliot. Im not an ibanez fan, also look at spector legends and fender etc. thats a nice budget to play around with, go play as much stuff as you can.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Thanks man.
Does anybody know if the anything from the SWR Workingpro series are worth it for this genre? A store about an hour away carries them, but I was wondering if anybody knows if they'd sound decent for slap and the more metal-style bass (not with a pick).
Didn't Jean-Michel Labadie from Gojira use SWR for a while?
A couple of people have them, i think ScottB does maybe give him a Pm
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul