So I was thinking of getting a couple of effects to add to my rig, nothing to extravagant just something to add a few tweaks here or there, but then it dawned on me. I have very little knowledge in regards to pedals as I've always been just a bass and amp sorta player. I was thinking of getting a Boss LMB-3 Limiter/Enhancer, the Boss Bass EQ pedal, and the Boss Bass OD, I was just wondering if the people of the bass forum could help me out by giving me an idea of what I can expect to gain or lose by using these pedals. (example, with the EQ pedal, could this allow me to have 2 eq settings? the one I have set up on my amp and then another on the pedal? or if I used the pedal would it just bypass my original setting on the amp itself?)

btw, I've already looked up all 3 of these pedals on musiciansfriend, and whatnot and they descriptions they have on there dont really do much for me.
First of all i would get a different overdrive pedal. Look at the ashdown, fulltone, digitech.

The eq pedal, wont bypass your settings, it will just boost or lower frequencies, depending on how you want.

I dont know about the limiter.

Best thing to do is go and try them out at your local music store.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
the eq pedal will let you set an eq and turn it on and off. it has nothing to do with the eq on your amp.

so if you had the amp eq set and turned the pedal on which would cause them to double. which could work with each other or against each other. if i'm not mistaken you can bypass the eq on your amp with a button. if not just set it flat and use the pedal. (the pedal is 7 bands so if you have that many or more on your amp the pedal is kinda a waste of money, unless your using it to switch) i do suggest this pedal though.

i have not used the boss LMB-3. but i tried out the ODB-3 and was not flattered by it.
look at the sansamp bass driver. its has a sick overdrive/distorion.
I play bass!
Yea I've heard alot of good things about the sansamp, I'm assuming most people here would reccomend that over the Boss Overdrive?

And as far as my EQ on my amp, it can be bypassed by pressing a switch and it has 10 bands. And I was planning on getting the EQ pedal to switch between the two so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting that one.

Now if I could only get an idea as to what the LMB-3 does I'd be all set. thanks for the info thus far.
Quote by BrickIsRed
A BBE Sonic Maximizer might improve your tone.

I don't like the way they sound. Sure I could get some decent sounds with it on, but as soon as a tun it off, I realised how much it took away from my tone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
the lbm-3 does exactly that. limits parts of your signal that need to be limited and enhances the parts of your signal that need to be enhanced.

i think of it like compression. with an enhancer.

+1 on bbe
I play bass!
The Boss overdrive does not sound like an overdrive. It is a very fizzy distortion. However, apparently, it can work great as a booster pedal. You could set it for a clean boost so that it overdrives those tubes in the svt to give you a tube distortion.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1