I'd like to know how much worse are integrated gfx cards compared to normal ones.

Thanks in forehand.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
100% worse. The don't have shaders, and therefore can't play any new games.

I have a way past it, so you can play games that need pixel and vector shaders, but you'll definitely regret it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Integrated graphics cards are intended for basic PC use. The max graphical capabilties they're designed for is Windows Aero.
Metaldud, you are completely wrong. My laptop has an integrated chipset, and I play Oblivion.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i have one..I got 40-80fps in css on max. settings
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

It depends on which you get in your PC and what you intend to do with it. Generally, you'll want to upgrade - which isn't even the end of the world. You can get an NVidia that'll do everything you need gaming wise for 80 bucks on Amazon.com.

Some integrated vid cards can do it, but most won't even come close.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by rabidguitarist
Metaldud, you are completely wrong. My laptop has an integrated chipset, and I play Oblivion.

Oh my Oblivion? Well to be fair my graphics card is sh*t too but it's not integrated. But yes, you and I are missing out on beautiful scenery.

Also I'd liek to know what you're doing to play games like oblivion without the shaders 'n such.
Quote by metaldud536
Oh my Oblivion? Well to be fair my graphics card is sh*t too but it's not integrated. But yes, you and I are missing out on beautiful scenery.

The sea is purple on mine.

EDIT: (I think) I amended the settings to play without vector shaders, disabled a few different types of reflection, and ran the whole thing through an emulator, so that the game thinks I have a Geforce.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by strat0blaster
It depends on which you get in your PC and what you intend to do with it. Generally, you'll want to upgrade - which isn't even the end of the world. You can get an NVidia that'll do everything you need gaming wise for 80 bucks on Amazon.com.

Some integrated vid cards can do it, but most won't even come close.

If by that you mean solitaire.
100% worse.
My advice - get an ATi.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
100% worse.
My advice - get an ATi.

no...
nvidia geforce
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by rabidguitarist

hahahahahahahahahaha no you don't, unless of course by oblivion you're referring to an old atari game or an old pc game from the 80's called oblivion. i say this because i have a desktop that had a 7300 (i replaced it with a 8800 gts) and oblivion was struggling with a 7300.

Quote by rabidguitarist

EDIT: (I think) I amended the settings to play without vector shaders, disabled a few different types of reflection, and ran the whole thing through an emulator, so that the game thinks I have a Geforce.

my bad, i wouldn't really call that "playing the game" more like walking around a pre build of a low res 3d model.
Last edited by z4twenny at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Toast1337
no...
nvidia geforce

Sure... if you like crap drivers.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by Yngwi3
Sure... if you like crap drivers.

my drivers are awesome. i'm not sure where you get your info, AMD is notorious for releasing broken driver updates and all in all terrible driver support.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
If by that you mean solitaire.

NVidia GEForce 9950 has run every game I've put on it with full options/graphics settings enabled and on high, including Oblivion and other high end games like Fallout 3.

I got it for 80 bucks plus S/H on Amazon.

I've heard really great things about ATi, though. I'm thinking of getting one for my other comp and comparing the two, then swapping for which is better. Any recommendations from experience?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jan 21, 2009,