I live in a dorm and the cable is disgusting.

Ive heard of people watching tv on the internet and getting all sorts of channels and I just think that would be bad ass.

I've been looking for an internet TV service and was just wondering if you know of any? My friend has iSoftwareTV and he says it's really good, but I've never tried it.. I just wanted to hear another opinion rather than going off his..
I just watch TV via Hulu. If there's a show that I want to watch and isn't on Hulu, I just find the site for the station that airs the show, most every TV station has it's shows online now.

But I might look into that iSoftware TV your friend suggested.

EDIT: Do you have to pay for iSoftware?
Last edited by dudius at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by dudius
I just watch TV via Hulu. If there's a show that I want to watch and isn't on Hulu, I just find the site for the station that airs the show, most every TV station has it's shows online now.

But I might look into that Software TV your friend suggested.

this.

its ad supported and 100% legal because they have the licensing for the shows and movies. and since it is legal, the quality is 10 times better than alluc or the like.

and whats so bad about dorm cable? you usually get around 70 channels no? we had the option to upgrade to digital cable if we wanted aswell if we paid for it out of pocket.

EDIT:
lrn2torrent?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Yeah, I use Hulu and Joost and a few others. Not too bad of a selection of shows to watch. I know how you feel, cable is pointless and so not worth $45 to $75 a month. The internet gives you all the entertainment
Hulu ftw.

People don't watch TV anymore :P
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by dudius

But I might look into that iSoftware TV your friend suggested.

EDIT: Do you have to pay for iSoftware?

Same here.
Sail upon the open skies
hulu is good, but its kinda limited. good quality, tho.

surf the channel dot com has links to just about everything, but the quality is spotty at best. on the plus side, you can watch hbo and showtime shows.

network specific channels are ok, but sometimes annoying to use.

but anything is better than real tv from a tv.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I have a USB/cableTV adapter (eyetv) so I can watch on my 24" 1920x1200 pixels...wish that Hi-def was more than 1080. Its good for recording shows, like a tevo, you can pause, then fast forward thru commercials. Anyways its not internet TV, and I have a 42" right in front of me anyways.
Quote by Tempoe
I have a USB/cableTV adapter (eyetv) so I can watch on my 24" 1920x1200 pixels...wish that Hi-def was more than 1080. Its good for recording shows, like a tevo, you can pause, then fast forward thru commercials. Anyways its not internet TV, and I have a 42" right in front of me anyways.

That works, though if you have an HDTV you can just plug your computer into that as well.