Ok so this should be my last amp question! Obviously the TSL122 is alot louder as it's 100W but is it ALOT better in terms of tone and sound quality than the TSL602 (the 602 I'm thinking of getting has had it's original speakers relpaced for 2 Celestion G12-75's) I'm not sure whether to save up and look out for good deals on the TSL122 or try and get the TSL602. Any advice?

In terms of sound quality and tone at lower volumes the TSL602 is a hell of a lot better, but still it's going to be very loud!
Celestion G12-75's are very good speakers! I have them in my JCM and they sound very nice clean and overdriven.

May I ask what you will be using the amp for? Home practice, gigging etc.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Does the TSL602 have 3 channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead), each with their own EQs, along with Tone Shift buttons that allow you to boost the mids or the bottom end for whichever sound you are looking for?
Ahhh, I suppose you are after that classic "marshall" sound then?
Just to throw it out there, but Orange are more "marshall" than Marshall!

E-Married to Funny_Page
:p Yeah I've heard about that, but they are a bit too much! I've found a few good deals on the Marshalls
Ahhhs that's good then. Id recommend the Tiny Terror Combo for £399 which is an utter bargain.
Its 7w switchable too so you can get lovely sounds at bedroom level!

I was going to trade in my jcm for one!

E-Married to Funny_Page
They sound pretty cool, but I've still been told to go for a Marshall so a Marshall it is! So which one for overall better sound and tone quality and one that will be a whole lot better in the long run? (not including the loudness of it :p). TSL121 or TSL602 with Celestions GT12-75?
Last edited by Natalie105 at Jan 21, 2009,
My guitar teacher said don't bother with the DSL because the distortion won't be good enough and a TSL is much better
Quote by Natalie105
My guitar teacher said don't bother with the DSL because the distortion won't be good enough and a TSL is much better

Your guitar teacher is a total cock-slap. The TSL sucks balls.
Quote by Natalie105
:P He's

nothing against your teacher, but chances are, everybody on this forum combined knows more about amps and has more experience with them than your teacher. what styles do you play?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
the TSL is a great series as well as the DSL. Most of the guys on here really don't know as much as they pretend to.

Basically with the 100w you will have more headroom and separate EQs for the crunch and lead channel.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Natalie105
Does the TSL602 have 3 channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead), each with their own EQs, along with Tone Shift buttons that allow you to boost the mids or the bottom end for whichever sound you are looking for?

It has everything there except only 2 eqs, one for clean one for crunch/lead.

Anyone who says the DSL rapes the TSL is retarded. They are so close, just TSL sacrifices a little tone for versatility. God its so annoying.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
nothing against your teacher, but chances are, everybody on this forum combined knows more about amps and has more experience with them than your teacher. what styles do you play?

I suppose so! Umm well I mostly play Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC and Metallica but I'd like a versatile amp (Marshall preferably) that would be able to do most styles. Do the 2 extra EQ's on the TSL121 make a huge difference?

Thanks for all your help so far :]
Last edited by Natalie105 at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Natalie105
I suppose so! Umm well I mostly play Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC and Metallica but I'd like a versatile amp (Marshall preferably) that would be able to do most styles. Do the 2 extra EQ's make a huge difference?

Thanks for all your help so far :]

Unless you're really picky it won't matter too much, as long as you have a separate one for distortion/clean (which it does). That amp would be perfect for those styles, it can get up to metallica pretty good on its own.
Quote by Natalie105
So do you think I should go for the TSL602 with GT12 75 Celestions?

I'd go with the 602 unless you get better deal for a 122. The EQ probably won't matter much to you and you won't need the headroom.
Get the TSL then.
I mean, tone is far less important than versatility. Why do you think Spiders sell so well?
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 22, 2009,
Horlicks is owning left and right
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
tsl/dsl = ****

look into second had jcm's
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
I love Marshall don't get me wrong. If I was gonna drop that much stone on an amp I'd probably go with an Orange. If if were me I'd save a grand and Get the Carvin V3.
I would check out the Marshall JVM's.

Does your guitar teacher work at a store that sells Marshall, and is he really pushin those 2 on you? There is a reason those are still there 2-3 years after Marshall has replaced them with a new flagship line.

The JCM2000s are the WORST tube Marshalls around. The dsl has a better sound, tsl more knobs. They both sound kinda brittle compared to every other Marshall I have played.

My 50w JVM combo and my 1-20w Egnater Rebel boh slay my buddies TSL60 tonewise.