There needed to be an Orchid thread, i didn't find one, and they are great.

I put Gatefold on today, i'm on Tigers (my favorite Orchid song!!), i found out i have the 3rd pressing, i thought i had better.

Discuss Orchid and their greatness.
I've heard so much about them and listened to some songs and enjoyed them a lot. Unfortunately though, I don't have any albums. Recommended albums to start with?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I've heard so much about them and listened to some songs and enjoyed them a lot. Unfortunately though, I don't have any albums. Recommended albums to start with?

The first album I got by them was Chaos Is Me; I think that should sate any temporary Orchid craving. Generally, it's all top notch music and should be heard in its entirety. Their drummer is so unbelievably good as well.
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be checking out Chaos Is Me.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow! was the first one I got by them. I need to start listening to them more, I've gotten away from this type of music alot.
^same, but I think getting the albums chronologically is the best way to go. Does anyone know if there's a way I can get that youtube video that I posted onto my iPod?
I like all of their albums. I especially like the songs I am Nietzsche, a visit from doctor goodsex, tigers, epilogue to a carcrash, 36 day syndrome, death of a modernist and ...And the cat turned to smoke.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
favorite at this point is probably dance tonight... due to me owning that on vinyl (and being one of my first records). the two amherst pandemonium songs kill as well.
Quote by aggiefan33
favorite at this point is probably dance tonight... due to me owning that on vinyl (and being one of my first records). the two amherst pandemonium songs kill as well.

I'll probably be buying that again soon since I sold you mine and I miss it sometimes.
Quote by IcePh0enix
^same, but I think getting the albums chronologically is the best way to go. Does anyone know if there's a way I can get that youtube video that I posted onto my iPod?

follow the link in the description box, download the video and convert it with a program that can handle .mov files.
or
use http://vixy.net/ or something like it to do it for you online. not sure how the video quality will be from this though.

anyways, i'd also say that Gatefold is their best album and Tigers is probably my favorite song by them.
I am very fond of this band, especially Dance Tonight!
This band is chock full of great riffs, and their drummer is great, as mentioned before.
They can get kind of silly/pretentious with their little intellectual references and what not.
"I kiss the girls that speak Marcuse.
I kiss the boys that speak Foucault.
I love the kids that know Adorno
and snub their nose at kids who don't."
It's just a little too over the top hahah.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I'll probably be buying that again soon since I sold you mine and I miss it sometimes.

haha well just know that i'm putting it to good use
awesome
really love to yell along to chaos is me, le desordre c'est moi
Last edited by kurtrip at Jan 22, 2009,
This needs a bump so hard. None More Black is my favorite, such an incredible song. GET RIGHTEOUS, GET RIGHT
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Good band, backed hard. A lot of people like them more than I do though. I find the sound kind of tiresome after a while. Too many octavez.
Quote by TheReverend724
I AM NIETZSCHE

You spelled it wrong.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
You spelled it wrong.

That's the joke !

lololololol at blake.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
That's the joke !

No, the joke is that he spelled it right.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!