Yeah! My first tube amp! YEAH!

I'm well chuffed with this amp, nice cleans and great lead channel. Bagged it at £300 + £40.

Only complaints are there is only the one gain channel and it's a tad noisy. Also...

Handle ripped.

Might grab a Tubescreamer to help things out, recommend any Tubescreamers of sorts?
Clipz Nao!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Go with the Classic Ibanez Tube Screamer. I know of very few people that don't use that as their primary tube screamer.
Laney make the shittiest handles ever.
Looks good.

I use a Maxon OD808 with my VH100R. Definitely worth a look.
It's true horlicks, the one on my laney broke of too
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
grats on the amp... Played the same kind for 3-4 years... it really kicks ass and gives just about any tone you want...
Great Amp! I used to owned a Vh100R (which is basically the same thing) up until recently, and it was a very good amp. I got rid of it cause it was too big to lug around.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by Bostonrocks
Clipz Nao!

Will get some up maybe next week or later tomorrow, depends if I can a good video and playin going!

Quote by Horlicks
Laney make the shittiest handles ever.
Looks good.

I use a Maxon OD808 with my VH100R. Definitely worth a look.

Is that just a regular OD pedal or a tubescreamer of sorts?

Also, what's this Keeley mod thing with Tubescreamers? Sorta confused about it.
awesome! have fun with it!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by Mwoit
Is that just a regular OD pedal or a tubescreamer of sorts?

Also, what's this Keeley mod thing with Tubescreamers? Sorta confused about it.

The Maxon is basically a Ibanez TS808, and the Keeley mod too.

From the Keeley website:
Keeley Effects use the TI RC4558P like the old TS808 and they all come with a BLUE LED.

* I have the TI RC4558P integrated circuit for your Ibanez Ts-9. This is what came in some early TS808 pedals.

* We START with the TS808 mods. They include the change of IC to a really nice sounding one, better than the JRC in my opinion and that of most regular users. We also change the output resistors, but don't use noisy carbon comp resistors.

* PLUS, we increase the bass response so that it it is not cut off. Beautiful vocal sweet woman tone in the mid-section!

* METAL FILM FOR HIGHER FIDELITY AND A MORE CONSISTENT SOUND FROM PEDAL TO PEDAL. We also use metal film in the tone circuit for added fidelity.

* New Improvements to the Bypass circuitry! Yes, we make it sound better even when it's off!

* New Improvement to the Tone Control circuit! Took some hints from the Sparkle Drive and made our TS9 mods just a touch better!
sweet

not too well up on pedals, unfortunately. the other problem is that some pedals work better with some amps than others...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Great amp! I also have it

Change the speakers to V30's or Classic lead 80's and whack in a set of JJEL43 tubes

Then you're good to go

The difference I've noticed between the VC50 and the GH100L is that the VC50 has much better cleans and the GH100L has 'slightly' better leads

My VC50 also takes to pedals better than my GH100L

The reverb on the VC50 is also fantastic.

My only criticism of it is that the overdrive channel is weak, the clean and lead channel make up for that though!

I advise getting an OCD so you have a great overdrive for blues

Here are my settings! give em a go

Lead

Presence - 8.5
Bass-8
Treble- 5
Middle-7
Reverb-3
Drive-8
Gain-8
Volume-1

Once you start to crank it, you get the true sound out of the amp.

EDIT- You do realize you have it in the LO input? If you want to play leads it should be in the HI input.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jan 21, 2009,
Awesome, there seem to be more and more VC50s cropping up in this forum lately

Quote by sharpant

EDIT- You do realize you have it in the LO input? If you want to play leads it should be in the HI input.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Hi and low inputs are for low and high output pickups, as a general rule.

Why you've got the idea that the hi input is for leads baffles me.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Just read up on it and I'm wrong, looks like the Low input is better for leads if anything...that's according to the Laney manual anyway, designed for high output pickups to take the mushy sound away and improve tightness of amp, hmmm shall try that out tomorrow.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Yeah, sometimes they aren't very clear with the difference between the lo and hi inputs. I find the lo input on mine clears the sound up somewhat and makes things a little crisper. It's all personal preference as to which one you use though, there's no absolute rule.

My Music
right e o thanks for that i'll give it a go! Sorry for giving advice where the information given was complete and utter bollocks
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by timi_hendrix

Hi and low inputs are for low and high output pickups, as a general rule.

+1

I learnt this while playing bass, active and passive pickups!

So far the amp is great, cleans are nice and bright, with reverb on top it sounds grand! I'm not too sure about Drive A and Channel B (without Drive B) since they are rather light gain and weak in general. However Channel B with Drive B is absolute killer! Love that sound! (gonna have to crank it later tonight. )

I think I may pick up a Tube Screamer of sorts this weekend. Either way, the Keeley mod = good?

Quote by wooftang999
woo nice one looks sweet gonna get me a vc30, was it used at that price?

Yeah, got it on the Bay.
I feel the same about Channel B without the drive on, it's a very weak sound. Channel A with the drive on I like though, sheer volume is more important on that sound than the others though, you really need to whack it up and get the balance between the gain and volume just right. Boosting with an OD on that channel sounds great, it'll love the tubescreamer.

My Music
yeah, i haven't tried the vc50, but on the vh100r, that was the one problem i spotted- channel B with the drive off sounded kinda similar to channel A with it on, was pretty weak-sounding. you couldn't really set up 4 distinct sounds with varying levels of drive, which you can do on most other 4 channel (and pseudo-4 channel) amps...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?