Page 1 of 2
Can someone please explain how I can flash a cartridge or atleast tell me what flashing a GB catridge is? Apparantly I have to "flash" a cartridge to put the nanoloop and LSDJ software on the cartridge.
Last edited by SkAsupafly at Jan 21, 2009,
How could you make the same mistake on 'cartridge' 3 times?!

EDIT: With a little research, it seems you can buy a cartridge that you just insert like a normal game.
Last edited by 100%guitarmad at Jan 21, 2009,
yeah hahahhaha it happened to me once but i just shook it really hard and it fell right off.
swelling should go down within a few days
Quote by /OOM
yeah hahahhaha it happened to me once but i just shook it really hard and it fell right off.
swelling should go down within a few days
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
What would the point of turning your gameboy into a Synth? It only has a Mono sound to it and it would probably sound horrible. Plus you can't hook anything up to it, save for an iSymphony stereo.
It's called homebrew. You'll need a Flash card of some sort that will be able to communicate with both your computer and the device you want to use.

I would seriously advise on getting a Nintendo DS if you wanted to mod a handheld to be used as a synth, or mini recording device. I've done this myself and works really well.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
Perhaps using a proper electronic/programming/coding forum would be better instead of a guitar building one...
Quote by PainIsPower
Perhaps using a proper electronic/programming/coding forum would be better instead of a guitar building one...

Well, this is the GEAR building forum, so I would try here first if I was looking for a place to ask.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by redwolf206
Well, this is the GEAR building forum, so I would try here first if I was looking for a place to ask.

Yes this is a GEAR building forum. You know where you are.

Yes he wants to build a pedal/effect.

Does he want to do something that extends into a specialized real that probably extends beyond those in this forum. So far is seems so.

Is this the first place I would go if I was looking for a place to ask. Definitely not because I know I will find people that are probably more knowledgeable in this specific area.
Quote by shadow phoenix
It's called homebrew. You'll need a Flash card of some sort that will be able to communicate with both your computer and the device you want to use.

I would seriously advise on getting a Nintendo DS if you wanted to mod a handheld to be used as a synth, or mini recording device. I've done this myself and works really well.

how'ds that work on the DS? I've need looking at flash cards laterly for my Niece. it can you send me in the right direction?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Diamond Dave
i'm backing the DS idea, pretty sure i've seen some guy on the net turn the touch screen into one of those Korg synth things like that Muse guy has in his guitar

there is actually a Korg game you can buy. no modded needed. it is actually a retail product.
from what I heard it is surprisingly good.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Last edited by Daniel8488 at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by GaijinFoot
how'ds that work on the DS? I've need looking at flash cards laterly for my Niece. it can you send me in the right direction?

Just go get an R4 Slot-1 device and put your homebrew on it. It's that simple. I myself are a large contributer to the Homebrew community on both DS and Wii platforms. As I was saying I had something similar to what the TS was after.

Although my setup would be hard to replicate as my DS now has a USB port with an mbox micro shoved in it.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
... WAIT A SECOND...

You're telling me that there is a way to take an old Game Boy Color (the hand-held game system by Nintendo) and turn it into a synth "pedal" for a guitar?

Question #1: Is this a type of device you can line into and out from just like a pedal? If not, is there a way to make it work like that?

Question #2: How does it sound? Anyone have a sound clip or video I can watch?

Question #3: How much money/work/expertise is required to do this? With the right parts and the right parts, tools, and instructions, could anyone do it?

Question #4: Would this work with a bass? Cause honestly, I think it's the most bad-@$$ thing I've ever heard of, and I would LOVE to slap one onto (or into) my bass.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
no game boy original and buy lsdj from ebay
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Does it have to be original? And what's that?

Anyone care to answer my other questions on how this works/how well this works?
-Edgar Degas
its a single oscilator it sounds better on a orig gb ill put a link up of some chp tune
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Alright, I searched LSDJ on Ebay... and I still have no clue what's going on. I found some gameboys that had been "Modded to work with LSDJ" but I still have no clue what that means.

I just want someone to answer those 4 questions up there precisely so I know what's going on ;__;
-Edgar Degas
Quote by shadow phoenix
Just go get an R4 Slot-1 device and put your homebrew on it. It's that simple. I myself are a large contributer to the Homebrew community on both DS and Wii platforms. As I was saying I had something similar to what the TS was after.

Although my setup would be hard to replicate as my DS now has a USB port with an mbox micro shoved in it.

wow that sounds epic!
I have just ordered a Itouch. I hear they are getting really good support laterly. The Wikipedia app looks really good.
what other mods or homebrew can you recommend without me voiding warrenty?
Quote by PainIsPower
Yes this is a GEAR building forum. You know where you are.

Yes he wants to build a pedal/effect.

Does he want to do something that extends into a specialized real that probably extends beyond those in this forum. So far is seems so.

Is this the first place I would go if I was looking for a place to ask. Definitely not because I know I will find people that are probably more knowledgeable in this specific area.

you're a ****ing douchebag dude, the guy wants to know how to build a pedal from something else, something ONLY a whole bunch of guitar nerds would know, this seems to me like exactly where i would ask this question, and the perfect place to put it, just cuz you don't know doesn't mean he shouldn't post here, it means YOU shouldn't post here...
Yo, can anyone please answer TONE DEAF? i wanna know this **** to, how does this work, can i do it cheaply? this is the only use for an original gameboy i can find... so what the **** do i have to do? cuz i'll totally do it...
Quote by Tone Deaf
... WAIT A SECOND...

You're telling me that there is a way to take an old Game Boy Color (the hand-held game system by Nintendo) and turn it into a synth "pedal" for a guitar?

Question #1: Is this a type of device you can line into and out from just like a pedal? If not, is there a way to make it work like that?

Question #2: How does it sound? Anyone have a sound clip or video I can watch?

Question #3: How much money/work/expertise is required to do this? With the right parts and the right parts, tools, and instructions, could anyone do it?

Question #4: Would this work with a bass? Cause honestly, I think it's the most bad-@$$ thing I've ever heard of, and I would LOVE to slap one onto (or into) my bass.

?????????????????????
Just get Pokemon Red bro, hours of fun.

And to the guys who were talking about it, yeah you can get an actual retail Korg cartridge for DS, I know someone with one and it's pretty fun. Not sure that you can record it though, but I guess you could line out it into your computer.
Quote by GruntOfAction
What would the point of turning your gameboy into a Synth? It only has a Mono sound to it and it would probably sound horrible. Plus you can't hook anything up to it, save for an iSymphony stereo.

The idea of turning a gameboy into a synth unit is simple, the 8 bit sound is very unique, it gives a very harsh sound as the sinewaves are basically sawtooth and sine waves, and you can hook it up to plenty of things, alot that are circuit bent also have a midi out which can be plugged into a hardware synth keyboard/sequencer, also if modded enough they can take Kaoss pads and other synths.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I'm not sure if this IS the right place to post, cause no-body will answer muh questions! DX

I just wanna know if I can make real-time synth pedal for my bass. Like, plug bass into gameboy, plug gameboy into amp, and play!
-Edgar Degas
Quote by GruntOfAction

sound is subjective good sir..... please look up chip tune and circuit bending before you talk. there is a whole scene for this kind of thing
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Tone Deaf
I'm not sure if this IS the right place to post, cause no-body will answer muh questions! DX

I just wanna know if I can make real-time synth pedal for my bass. Like, plug bass into gameboy, plug gameboy into amp, and play!

your kind of not smart . its not a pedal, its a synth. None of your questions really make any sense. Anyways, can anyone post links or something about how to do this? is it complicated or could i do it with no experience at all? anyone whos done this before, please explain what you've done

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
What do you mean "It's not a pedal, it's a synth"? Have you never heard of a synth pedal? They exist my friend. They take normal bass notes and turn them into awesome, techno-sounding funky-things.
-Edgar Degas
Is there any way to make it do what I was wanting instead?
-Edgar Degas
http://8bitcollective.com/

this website helped me a lot and thanks for the explanation on flashing carts. So apparently all I need is a "Bung Xchanger" or "Gameboy Color Tranferer" and lsdj, which I can't find any where. Anyone know where I can find one?
Page 1 of 2