Whats up guys, I'm Jeff, the lead guitarist for Banana Hammock, a Ska-core band from Westfield, New Jersey.

We're playing a show at The Stone Pony soon, so check out our music, and if you're in the area come to the show! We'll be opening for RIOTGOD with Ionia, Glass Midnight and more.

January 31st, 2009. 7:00pm at The Stone Pony
913 Ocean Ave., Asbury Park, New Jersey 07712
Cost: $10.00US

We have about four new songs to play at the show, but they're not properly recorded so aren't on the website yet.

Our EP is called MOAR HARD COAR, available locally for $3.

Give us a listen!
www.myspace.com/bananahammockislame
Last edited by xdustballx at Jan 24, 2009,
Voice needs time, sounds too young; other than that you're fine, instruments are in sync, they sound good, props.

C4C?
Quote by MiG_853
Voice needs time, sounds too young; other than that you're fine, instruments are in sync, they sound good, props.

C4C?

Yeah, I agree with you completely about the voice, but we really couldn't find anyone else who was willing to do it. I have a feeling he'll improve over time.

Thanks for your input and checking us out.

What does C4C mean?
Last edited by xdustballx at Jan 24, 2009,
I checked out your band, and I must say you guys are very well orchestrated. I like the vocals a lot. Do you have just one guitarist? Because in Oil Paints that lead guitar lick over the rhythm seems a little off if it was overdubbed, or simply a little out of place. If you have two guitarists, I suggest you write two parts that go well together, so there isn't a sudden mini-solo from the lead player. You guys sound great, but I'm personally into faster paced music.

I see you guys are from Portugal, but you should definitely book some shows, you sound very good.
Thanks, we are two guitarists, but since I sing I can't always be playing, so at times there's only one guitar part. That particular solo is improvised, we do that quite a bit, so it is out of sink and the guy doing the mix decided to add delay to hide that a bit.

On a separate note I also think your singer will improve over time, it took me ages to realize that I could sing if I put enough air out my mouth.