Do you know if you can get good muse style fuzz sounds out of the little big muff?
I don't really want to stretch for the zvex fuzz factory
please reply!
look for zvex fuzz factory clones they're like 120$

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I have a Big Muff Pi (NYC), and it's decent for some Bellamy pieces. I used to put the tone at about 11 o'clock and the sustain between noon and 1 o'clock and leave my CryBaby on (closed) with a hollowbody to get tons of feedback, etc.

I've since wised up and stopped using my wah as a treble boost

But yeah, a ZVex clone (or the actual thing if you can afford it) would be good.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Jan 21, 2009,
Matt really doesn't ***** the Fuzz factory, he uses it for about 4 songs on Origin of Symmetrey and thats about it. For Muse you just need a solid, quite high gain distortion.
Quote by thellamaking
Matt really doesn't ***** the Fuzz factory, he uses it for about 4 songs on Origin of Symmetrey and thats about it. For Muse you just need a solid, quite high gain distortion.

he uses it for way more than just 4 songs on OoS. It's used on The Groove, Showbiz, Exo Politics, and Blackout at least.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Generally his distortion is just one of his amps... iirc Absolution was just him and his marshall.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i'm pretty sure he had moved on to Diezel's by the time Absolution was being recorded, and the solo on Blackout is definitely the Fuzz Factory
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
And lets not forget PLUG IN BABY!
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
And lets not forget PLUG IN BABY!

i feel dumb...it's also in the guitar melody of Knights of Cydonia
main rig:

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by spiff389
he uses it for way more than just 4 songs on OoS. It's used on The Groove, Showbiz, Exo Politics, and Blackout at least.

He didn't get a fuzz factory until the OoS days so it was never on Showbiz, never on the recording at least. I'll give you the others though. Most of his new Manson guitars don't have a Fuzz Factory built it so it might mean that he's shying away from using it.