How do i get a good tone from RSE. it always sounds fuzzy and un distinguished, like i can hear the individual notes in a chord, they mesh together and it sounds like crap. Can someone give good settings so i can listen to what I write? thank you
Never use Distortion RSE.
Always Overdrive

American Clean - Metal Pedal for distortion is what I use
Eddie Clean - for solo boosts in GP
the new RSE sounds arent that good.

I prefer the versions before 5.2 or whatever it is now.

There are some good ways to fix it, such as putting the lows on max, mids on lowest, and highs on max with bass guitar, gives a good fuzz tone.
use Overdrive.
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
DON'T USE IT! RSE IS THE WORST THING EVER!!!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
yea it may aswell not exist
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I never use RSE, it sounds vile the majority of the time. If they spent half as much time on the actual software instead of the RSE then perhaps it wouldn't crash as much.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Always Overdrive

+1

You, sir, are a smart man. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Anyways, TS, are you using a clean voice or a distorted one? If you really want distinguishable chords, don't use distorted. But still, there's not a lot you can do about it. RSE doesn't really make it sound like real life, it's just better than MIDI. It will never sound that great.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ask her if she wants to go out with you. when she says yes, say "well i dont want to go out with you"

problem solved, stalker problem 90% eliminated

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Always Overdrive

Strat Electric - Metal Kirk Rhyhtm and Les Paul Electric - Metal James Rhythm is what I use, after EQ'ing it slightly.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Strat Electric - Metal Kirk Rhyhtm and Les Paul Electric - Metal James Rhythm is what I use, after EQ'ing it slightly.

I always use the Les Paul, it sounds chunkier.
I never EQ since changing the gain setting in any direction causes it to spazz out.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I always use the Les Paul, it sounds chunkier.
I never EQ since changing the gain setting in any direction causes it to spazz out.

After doing it enough times, you kind of learn what not to do. Like, on some instruments it just makes it break up for some reason, like it's played far too loud.

The one thing I don't like about the Les Paul is that the palmmutes sound like wank. The Strat ones sound bad enough, but the LP ones are just... nasty.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
After doing it enough times, you kind of learn what not to do. Like, on some instruments it just makes it break up for some reason, like it's played far too loud.

The one thing I don't like about the Les Paul is that the palmmutes sound like wank. The Strat ones sound bad enough, but the LP ones are just... nasty.

I don't usually write stuff with too many palm mutes so it's okay.
I noticed that too however, it just seems to cut of the note with the LP
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I don't usually write stuff with too many palm mutes so it's okay.
I noticed that too however, it just seems to cut of the note with the LP

I've actually stopped writing palm-muted stuff on there because it sounds so bad.

Also, why are the Eddie guitars so loud? It's ridiculous, I use MIDI drums because the RSE ones still sound dreadful, and if I use an Eddie guitar I have to turn it down to about 6 to be able to hear the drums.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
I've actually stopped writing palm-muted stuff on there because it sounds so bad.

Also, why are the Eddie guitars so loud? It's ridiculous, I use MIDI drums because the RSE ones still sound dreadful, and if I use an Eddie guitar I have to turn it down to about 6 to be able to hear the drums.

Eddie Clean is dreadfully loud.

I usually balance stuff between 13-16 and when I use the Eddie Clean - Metal Pedal I turn it down to 6-8.
I found a good way to balance is, like if you are going for a rock/punk sound, pick clean guitar and then EQ and let the amp setting you choose get the distortion for you. Just don't distort and then hyper distort it with a Recti setting. Also, use legend tones, they sound a lot better.

For a metal tone, use Overdriven, Strat, (I use LP almost always though) and the Richie, Randy, Yngwie one. Sounds pretty OK on single note things. Distorted chords have always been **** for me though. If you are really gonna use chords, use fifths and distort it or have a separate track for the clean you'll be using.

Lastly, does everyone else have the problem where it's working fine, and then you get a message in French when you try to play it, and then the sound goes to **** and it stops working soon afterwards? Gotta shut it down and then start again....
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard