First of all I have recently bought a Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and let's just say it's tone pretty much sucks for my style of music (MOSTLY stuff from The Raconteurs, The White Stripes and some Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix stuff). I would like an amp which will help me to achive Jack White's tone and that would be in the 250$ price range.

Second: I know that he uses pedals like the big muff and the digitech whammy but i currently can't afford any of them. PLEASE don't say : "Jack White sucks why would you like his tone" and stuff like that. I would appriciate any suggestion and thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure a Big Muff is cheaper than 250. And it's definitely gonna work better than any amp you'll get for that as well.
You really need to save more. However, with your budget you should look at the Roland Cube series, Vox Valvetronix series, and the Peavey Vypyr series.
an oyster..
his tone is terrble.
edit: but in all seriousness..you need to save..regardless of what tone your searching for, 250 bucks will never cut it. you should buy an epiphone valve jr. ive heard they have fairly decent tones for that genre of music.
Last edited by HIM%(^ at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by CanCan
I'm pretty sure a Big Muff is cheaper than 250. And it's definitely gonna work better than any amp you'll get for that as well.

Yes I know but I don't have an amp so I'm trying to kill two bugs with one stroke if you know what I mean
With $250 you can get a Palomino V33, I think. That will do White Stripes, Zep, Hendrix perfectly.

Jack White's tone isn't that 'high quality', nor is that a bad thing. It suits what he does.

EDIT: There's a used Palomino V50 on Musician's Friend for $302: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480989X

EDIT2: Huh, someone already bought it. If you can stretch your budget by $100, you can get a new Palomino V50. Hurry, they're almost gone! http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V50-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480989
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 21, 2009,
Yeah, I vote for the Palomino.

But my question is why did you buy that guitar if it sucks at achieving most of the sounds you want?
Hey, I'm Mike.
you can look at blackhearts amp, nice little tube amps, then get a russian muff when you have the money
Quote by Thefallofman
Yeah, I vote for the Palomino.

But my question is why did you buy that guitar if it sucks at achieving most of the sounds you want?

Well that's the worst thing when you order in a guitar, without trying it out. I was hoping it will sound good and it was rather cheap. I really regret it now believe me.
Quote by Raijouta
With $250 you can get a Palomino V33, I think. That will do White Stripes, Zep, Hendrix perfectly.

Jack White's tone isn't that 'high quality', nor is that a bad thing. It suits what he does.

EDIT: There's a used Palomino V50 on Musician's Friend for $302: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480989X

EDIT2: Huh, someone already bought it. If you can stretch your budget by $100, you can get a new Palomino V50. Hurry, they're almost gone! http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V50-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480989

I will seriosly consider your preposition my friend. That Palomino looks cool
Yeah, they normally cost double that.

Also, the LP is perfect for what you're doing (except Hendrix) but yeah, they're pretty bad guitars without some upgrades.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
you'd need (probably) at least 500 to get the basic sound.

First; Cleanish amp (he uses a Twin I believe, alongside a Sears Silvertone which is kind of dirty). Then, Jack uses a custom Big Muff, but the USA Big Muff is pretty damn close. Third, you're gunna want the Whammy.

I'd say look for a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, then spend 80 bucks on a Big Muff and the 150 or 200 on the Whammy. I've seen HRD's go for like 2 - 4 hundred used.

And honestly, the ****tier the guitar, the better; Jack's main guitar is a plastic piece of **** that doesn't stay in tune. The gnarly, cheap sound and the lack of being intune is part of the whole White Stripes sound.
i believe jack recently started using a Fuzz Factory instead of a Big Muff, but I could be wrong. but that's not to say that a Big Muff wouldn't work, it would be great. also, the palomino would be perfect for what you want. i own one, and they're great little amps
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
how do you know the tone sucks on the guitar if you don't have an amp. I don't see how you could judge in such a way
Oh Hey look at my signature
^ Some guitars sound just as bad unplugged as when they're plugged in.

I know some people who won't use a guitar plugged in if it sounds bad when unplugged...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I know I'm gonna be flamed for it, but if you can't get one of those Palomino's you could do a lot worse than a Fender Frontman, as long as you only use the cleans. Then get a Big Muff (USA, not Russian) and then look for a used Whammy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
in addition to the Palomino and HRD, check out the Peavey Classic 30. Loud amp, nice crunch on the OD channel, and the cleans are nice. used prices are pretty good on those too.
Not to flame your guitar but that thing is a piece of crap. If you can stretch your budget the Palomino v50 is an awesome amp. I own one and it will work for the styles you want. But you are going to have to get a new guitar, an Affinity Series Squier will be better than that.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
Not to flame your guitar but that thing is a piece of crap. If you can stretch your budget the Palomino v50 is an awesome amp. I own one and it will work for the styles you want. But you are going to have to get a new guitar, an Affinity Series Squier will be better than that.

i agree completely
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.