So I just bought a graphtech tremnut, and this may sound like a stupid question, but am I supposed to sand down the little notch on the bottom of it? It doesn't say anything about it in the instructions, but I'm too scared to sand it down right now if I'm wrong. It seems like the only thing I can do to make it fit(and sit) properly. If you don't know what I mean by the notch on the bottom of it just check out the picture in this link:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Graph-Tech-Slotted-TremNut-for-Stratocaster?sku=360450

Sorry for being stupid, but I'd rather not waste my money or get a luthier to do it. $50 bucks for something like installing a nut is insane!
maybe your ment to carve a place for the notch into your guitar?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I highly, highly doubt that, but I could be wrong. Makes no mention of the damn notch in the instructions and I just want to get it on so I can move on to other installations >:O
well it would make it sturdier and mean it couldnt slide out with age
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I believe it's that way so the carving is almost done if the bottom of your nut slot is radiused, but it can still be installed in a slot that is flat. If your slot is radiused, sand/cut if off. If the slot is flat, leave it on.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by radiused or flat. :/

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found my answer...
Last edited by deet at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by deet
I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by radiused or flat. :/
If it's curved like the fretboard or flat.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
It fits both flat and radiused nut slots. If flat you leave the tab, if radiused you get rid of it.