I just broke a string and I'm new to the floyd rose world. I'm looking to buy some 11's for this and it has three springs in the body. For elevens would I need another spring to handle the tension? Thanks
You won't be able to do standard tuning in 11's and have the Floyd be anything near useful -you'll need to tune down to D standard at least.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You won't be able to do standard tuning in 11's and have the Floyd be anything near useful -you'll need to tune down to D standard at least.

Not true actually i use Eb with 11's and it works fine
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
what about the skinny top/heavy bottom (10-13-17-30-42-52)? would those be useful or would I need another spring?
Quote by steven seagull

sorry man, its totally possible

in my experience, you can set a floyd up with virtually any guage of strings

TS, definetly get at least one extra spring for the back!

edit: I use 10-52 in D standard, but the shop i put my guitar into for a set up/etc gave me it back with them in standard, so yeh its fine!
Top lel.
Quote by zenabi916
what about the skinny top/heavy bottom (10-13-17-30-42-52)? would those be useful or would I need another spring?

I use this gauge on my OFR and yes it works, you will have to tighten the claw in the back though, takes awhile but yes they do work on 3 springs.

Its not hard to set up a OFR dont be intimidated by other peoples failures
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
thanks I already have one, just needed to know if I should use it. THANKS!!