Hey, I play death/thrash metal (stuff like Slayer, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, etc.) but I'm having trouble tremolo picking good. If you listen to and/or play this kind of music you know tremolo picking is a huge part of it. While sitting down I can tremolo pick pretty good and get through songs but when I try to stand up and play it I have trouble. While sitting my pick is parallel to my strings so it's easy but when I stand up my guitar is tilted up so it makes it hard. Any tips? Also I have trouble changing strings while tremolo picking. Thanks all!
Practice standing up more.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
jsut alternate pick very slowly and build it up, or play songs like misirlou and raining blood on guitar hero it gets your hand into the motion of picking fast, my trem picking is messed up, but thats becasue i learned to trem pick before alternate picking which thus i learned to trem with my arm and not my wrist, so the first thing you should do (if you have done so already) is learn to alternate pick. but after that just build up speed by uping the tempo on a song, or the guitar hero method as i used. GL
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by 0RI0N
Practice standing up more.

I can't even practice hardly because I can't tremolo pick at all while standing.
be sure not to tense up
use more of your shoulder and elbow to pick and move around
try to hold tour guitar straighter
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
use more of your shoulder and elbow to pick and move around

No, when tremolo picking you should never use your shoulder and elbow you should just be using your wrist. When you use your arms to tremolo pick you build up a lot of tension them.
Go watch Dick Dale videos on youtube. I did it, and I can tremolo pick like hell now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Try angling your pick slightly, if you over angle it,it will sound scratchy, and only let the first I'd say like 1mm of the pick hit the string, as for the changing of strings while trem picking, you should try moving one string at a time until you feel comfortable standing up and really gettin into it.
Basically think of yourself having a wank except with your dick being much bigger and you'll alternate pick easy no matter what position your in. Remember, don't tense up since you don't want a red raw willy.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by kirkhammett09
I can't even practice hardly because I can't tremolo pick at all while standing.

Thats.. why.. you.. practice.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
do you hang your guitar to your knees to look like you're playing metal? if so, raise your guitar up, it will bring those strings closer and more paralell like it does when you sit. its much easier.
if you play your guitar in a higher position, then i dont know what to tell you other than practice makes perfect, like everyone else is saying.
i lik to anchor my pinky for tremolos i can go way faster if i do that

and...

practice makes perfect...