My peavey Valveking 112 is making a soft hissing static-y noise. It kinda sounds like the ocean or the wind blowing in a way. I can still play my guitar through it though. So whats causing this noise?
i have that trouble sometimes and narrowed it down to the outlet, sometimes electrical interference from the outlet can make ur amp hum
Quote by Twelf_Fret
i have that trouble sometimes and narrowed it down to the outlet, sometimes electrical interference from the outlet can make ur amp hum

This. If you've got the money try getting a power conditioner.
I don't think its the outlet, I've played it many times from the same outlet and has never done that until now. It's not humming, its just a static-y airy noise.
Last edited by rockr09 at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by rockr09
I don't think its the outlet, I've played it many times from the same outlet and has never done that until now.

Did you try it with different guitars and cables? No pedals in the chain, just guitar to amp? It could be a bad cable, it could also be the pickups in your guitar. Could also be the tubes, and a bunch of other things! Try changing cables, playing it with a different guitar, and plugging it into the second input.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Did you try it with different guitars and cables? No pedals in the chain, just guitar to amp? It could be a bad cable, it could also be the pickups in your guitar. Could also be the tubes, and a bunch of other things! Try changing cables, playing it with a different guitar, and plugging it into the second input.

Yep, I've done it all, even with nothing plugged into the amp, it still makes the sound.
Quote by rockr09
I don't think its the outlet, I've played it many times from the same outlet and has never done that until now. It's not humming, its just a static-y airy noise.

mine doesnt do it all the time, just sometimes it depends on what else is running through the sockets. i found the hiss noise is amplified when i was usin reverb
noisegate???
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ