Ok, it's a basic hard rock song that I wrote a couple of days ago and finetuned today.
The title isn't supposed to be about geeks surfing the internet it's more about a man with power who lives life to fullest without morals.
I don't have any lyrics.
I could use a good drum roll for the end of the chorus part, something Black Sabbath style.
File contains GP 5.2 file with 2 guitars, one bass and a drum track.

(I hope I uploaded this properly, first time doing this)

What do you think?

BIGEDIT: Changed the main riff. I checked through my old stuff and found something great! I guess writing down everything does help...
Attachments:
Power Surfin'.zip
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 25, 2009,
Overall a quite well song, really had an 80ies feel to it. My only problem with it is that the second bar of the main riff sounds awkard. I dunno if this was intentional, but it just sounds.... ugh. The same goes for the Solos. You kinda go off key at areas, and this song has really good potential, so don´t ruin it by playing an dissonant solo. By the way, I was actually thinking about a beach and surfers while listening to the song, a shame that it´s not a surf song!
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
The second bar in the main riff, seems a bit... random/odd, it ruins the song, and the volume of the lead part I had to raise myself, it's drowned out.
Otherwise, a great skelaton of a song with some real potential.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I'll see what I can change about the main riff part.

The lead part thing: I had to turn it down to 8 because it got to loud at my place
Oh well, it's GP, just adjust that stuff to your own preferences.

Quote by Madzää
Overall a quite well song, really had an 80ies feel to it. My only problem with it is that the second bar of the main riff sounds awkard. I dunno if this was intentional, but it just sounds.... ugh. The same goes for the Solos. You kinda go off key at areas, and this song has really good potential, so don´t ruin it by playing an dissonant solo. By the way, I was actually thinking about a beach and surfers while listening to the song, a shame that it´s not a surf song!

Both solos are in C Minor (I think?)
I go off-key three times, I got the inspiration from Slash. He uses that double off-key bend alot.
The scale run at the end ending with the off key note is just a finishing lick from Blackmoore that I altered a bit.
It's all intentional.

It kinda sucks that I'm a guitar geek living in the middle of Austria, not much surfing going on here.

If you meant the build-up thingy after the solo, yeah, pretty much the whole is chromatic, it's how I like it.

edit: I can't seem to find a different ending for the main riff, this one is stuck in my head...

BIGEDIT: !!check OP!!

just for the lulz, have a free Guitar Pro backing track:
Attachments:
blues jam.zip
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Feb 4, 2009,
Quote by gallagher2006
Good, really good, but the triplets solos don't match at all

You mean the first break?