Now... I have a vintage 60s SG as many of you know- I'm highly interested in purchasing a new pickup for it, as the current pickup feeds back like a monster and simply can't handle the amount of gain I use - Any Ideas for Soap-bar sized High-output high-powered in your face pickups?
dont regular humbuckers fit where soapbar pickups go?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^Nope

TS, are you looking for soapbar humbuckers or soapbar singles

also, what style of music do you plan on playing?
Not taking any online orders.
i think seymour duncan has a thing called P-rails i think. its probably the most high gain p90 type pickup out there.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^Nope

TS, are you looking for soapbar humbuckers or soapbar singles

also, what style of music do you plan on playing?

^
buy something from him
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
store.guitarfetish.com

Not for high output... GFS uses very soft steel in there humbuckers and P90's which can be good for a low output bridge pickup but it means lots of mud in the neck or with high output pickups.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Not for high output... GFS uses very soft steel in there humbuckers and P90's which can be good for a low output bridge pickup but it means lots of mud in the neck or with high output pickups.

Umm...

No?

I have used their pickups often... And they have some nice high output pickups.
^we all have our opinions, I guess, but most people will disagree with you. GFS does use soft chinese steel that is the equivilant of American 1010 which has a very low carbon content. The low carbon means you end up with tone that lacks bite compared to other types of steel like the British EN2B or American 1022 and 1018.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Umm...

No?

I have used their pickups often... And they have some nice high output pickups.

someone just got SCHOOLED