Hey guys,
I need alot of help lol.
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and I'm still having trouble making up Metalcore, Hardcore riffs. Could someone explain/teach me how and/or post some tabs please? I'll love you forever! (in a brotherly/sisterly way :P)

Thanks
i find youtube very helpful in learning new things. Just search for METALCORE RIFF and you'll see what im talking about, seriously.

Also type BOXXY and you'll learn a lot about 4chan.
You could try some Bring Me The Horizon songs. They play drop B and drop A#. Medusa is a good riffing song, and songs like Diamonds Aren't Forever and For Stevie Wonders' eyes only will help you with rhythm.
youre a little bitch. one it cant be that hard to play ****in metalcore and two only little pussy bitches say **** like "i'll love you forever" you should probably hang yourself with your guitar strings for being such an embarassment to guitar players and your mother. go die you little ****.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by Suicidal Intent
i didnt mean i cant play it, i just cant make up my own

you are a fairy f u c k

Quote by GODhimself37
youre a little bitch. one it cant be that hard to play ****in metalcore and two only little pussy bitches say **** like "i'll love you forever" you should probably hang yourself with your guitar strings for being such an embarassment to guitar players and your mother. go die you little ****.

Quote by GODhimself37
you are a fairy f u c k

That's reported.

I Killed the Prom Queen made some good riffs back in the days. Bleeding Through too. Slayer made some stuff in Drop B, so did Slipknot.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by GODhimself37

Sorry i HAD to report you. Your comment is really really out of place.

IIT: Dont get stuck with the B tunning. I find more drop d and some c, but rarely B's. Well it doesnt change the composition process.

Riffs: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/music_styles/metalcore_music_part_1_-_the_beginning.html

Harmony: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/music_styles/metalcore_music_part_2_-_harmony.html

Rhythm: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/music_styles/metalcore_rythm_riffing.html
Quote by DespisedIcon
That's reported.

I Killed the Prom Queen made some good riffs back in the days. Bleeding Through too. Slayer made some stuff in Drop B, so did Slipknot.

sorry that was my roommate. if u look at my other posts you can see that im not a bad guy

Quote by Suicidal Intent
ahh, thank you

no prob dude sorry my roommate is a white guy thats brown and he cant take it anymore rofl

lol GODhimself37
i was thanking for the links
no worries man its all good
and im sorry to cause such a hassle
Quote by Suicidal Intent
lol GODhimself37
i was thanking for the links
no worries man its all good
and im sorry to cause such a hassle

as long as im not banned man im happy

this site gives me a boner

Quote by GODhimself37
sorry that was my roommate. if u look at my other posts you can see that im not a bad guy

Lying douchebag.
Check out some parkway drive. There awesome!!!!

I don't think all there stuff is drop B, but I know for sure that "A cold day in hell" is in drop B. The opening riff is really awesome.
all these bands play in drop b
bring me the horizon
veil of maya
my children my bride
bleeding through
through the eyes of the dead
rose funerals crucify kill rot intro song
parkway drive
the irish front good luck of finding tabs though
i killed the prom queen
Grinding at your head with my bone saw breaking zygoma
^Well, It's drop B and probably better for him to learn than- chug chug chug squeal chug squeal chug squeal
but everyones entitled to their opinion
Quote by Darkkon
Lying douchebag.

HEY **** YOU KID DONT CALL ME A LIAR IM SO ****ING HONEST WHEN I GOT CAUGHT WITH MY WEED I TOLD THEM I HAD IT WHEN THEY ASKED. SO GO **** YOURSELF YOU INSOLENT ****

Dude, calm down, and if this is "your roommate" again, you better find some way to keep him the hell off of your account. I'm pretty sure in the rules it says ANYTHING posted by your account is your problem, you can't blame it on brothers/roommates/etc.

Also, to the TC.

Some scales you might find usefull to learn for -core stuff would be...

Locrian Mode, 1,b2,b3,4,b5,b6,b7.
Phyrgian Mode, 1,b2,b3,4,5,b6,b7.
Half/Whole Diminished Scale, E-F-G-G#-Bb-B-C#-D-E.

Also, the Harmonic Minor Scale is good, its the Natural Minor with a Major 7th degree.
Quote by Myung-trucci
^Well, It's drop B and probably better for him to learn than- chug chug chug squeal chug squeal chug squeal
but everyones entitled to their opinion

Machine Head is one of the chuggiest, squealiest bands out there. They just do it well. What was your point again?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^Just recommending a band that uses Drop B tuning frequently, and that the TS could learn their songs for some ideas
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Machine Head is one of the chuggiest, squealiest bands out there. They just do it well. What was your point again?

lol machine head is not one of the chuggiest squealiest bands out there haha
Quote by skymaster5000
lol machine head is not one of the chuggiest squealiest bands out there haha

Yes, they are. I'm a huge MH fan, and I know what they sound like.

Hell, they even consider themselves "metalcore," just not in the conventional sense.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
well im not sure if you know what chugs are machine head barly does that ****
not saying there bad but there just not heavy like that
check out good chugs from these bands
annotations of an autopsy
as blood runs black
born of osiris
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/hot_cross_tabs.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/the_killing_tree_tabs.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/comeback_kid_tabs.htm

I find it helpful to look at how bands that I listen to write their songs; oh and I also find it helpful just to play scales around my guitar to come up with a starting melody/idea to a song or riff. Check out the Harmonic Minor and and the Aeolian. OR just go here and and find a scale you think sounds cool. http://all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php