Hi all,

New here to the forums and was wanting to ask a question if i can. I am in the process of purchasing a new guitar and jumping back in the saddle i guess you could say. Use to play many years ago and want to get back to playing but don't want to spend a lot in case time is against me as far as practice goes.

I was looking at a guitar manufactured by Laguna. Some of the specs are...

# 22 frets
# Carved top
# Basswood body
# Indian rosewood fretboard
# Traditional tremolo system
# Dual humbucking pickups
# Pearl inlays
# Volume and tone knobs
# 3-way pickup selector

Seems pretty decent and has some good reviews. I have always loved Ibanez guitars but don't want to go into the expense until i refresh myself and get back to playing the way i use to.

Anyone here have any experience with Laguna or any suggestions.

Thanks for any and all replies.
The ones that I've played were solid guitars for the money.The neck was nice and true,decent fret work,and they sounded better than I expected them to sound.What's the actual model name of the guitar you're looking at? I know they make several model ranging from around 300 going up to the guitar that Greg Howe designed that costs about 1000 USD.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I played a couple, and i don't really have anything good to say.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
i love them. for the price there really great. the sound is very nice and versatile (especially because they usually have a push pull coil tap) and the neck is very nice. not very thin but not thick they are very comfortable guitars
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I used to work at Guitar Center, and I can say that Laguna guitars are actually really nice for that price range. But seriously, when they try to pitch you the performance guarantee, you don't need it.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Are Laguna, Raven and Bugera all the same company? Something about their ads makes me think so... (or maybe they just all use the same advertising agency).
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by p o e
I played a couple, and i don't really have anything good to say.

This.

EDIT:
Quote by STABxYOU
Are Laguna, Raven and Bugera all the same company? Something about their ads makes me think so... (or maybe they just all use the same advertising agency).

Bugera is owned by Behringer.

Laguna is owned by GC. I'm not sure about Raven.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Bugera is owned by Behringer.

Laguna is owned by GC. I'm not sure about Raven.

I knew about Bugera being Behringer. Didn't know about Laguna being GC. Let's solve the Raven mystery. *cue Scooby Doo music*
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I didn't like the ones I tried. They were decent for the price but nothing really special. I remember reading some pretty poor reviews on H-C but I'm getting the impression from others responses they're pretty good so you probably want to try the exact one you're getting beforehand.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Thanks all for the replies everyone. I appreciate you input. Definitely will help when i go to make my purchase.