So yesterday, I just ordered vintage style tuners from guitarfetish.com. I was wondering will they do any better than the tuners on my MIM Strat now? I didnt exactly purchase them for their tuning abilities, just for their vintage look. Also, Im also a little bit concerened if their going to line up perfect, or if Im going to have to drill any holes....

Thanks

You bought something simply for looks?

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

It depends. Shouldn't be too big of a problem.
Quote by stratdud39
you probably shouldnt have done that as vintage tuners make changing strings a pain

Why is that?
Quote by StratPlayer15
Why is that?

theres a hole in the middle of the top, and you have to give som eextra slack to stick the string in the hole, and then you have to bend it down and make sure it doesnt slip out of the hole, or you have to start all over again. it takes a little getting used to, not a huge, huge deal, but it IS a pain.
Quote by stratdud39
theres a hole in the middle of the top, and you have to give som eextra slack to stick the string in the hole, and then you have to bend it down and make sure it doesnt slip out of the hole, or you have to start all over again. it takes a little getting used to, not a huge, huge deal, but it IS a pain.

Oh, that isnt a big deal at all. Thats how I string my strat as it now...
Quote by stratdud39
o, kool
why not get locking tuners instead though?

Cause they dont have that awesome vintage look
Well, I just got the tuners in the mail yesterday, and earlier today I went to go get some strings (D'addario 10-46). Anyway, first I took the old strings of the guitar. Then took off the standard MIM Tuners. Turns out the bushings that came w/ the tuners are too small.

Looks like im going to have to order some conversion bushings...I was debating wheter I would need them or not when i purchased the tuners, too late now. Im gonna have to buy the bushings and another shipping charge along with that
OK, well today I got in the adapter bushings. I didnt have a reamer to open up the pegholes slightly, so I went ahead and pushed them down in. One of my first problems was that the tuners wouldnt slip in to the pegholes easily. Remember, I have the 6 on a plate tuners, not all 6 indivisual. So what i did was go ahead a force them in place. Them I drilled the holes, which was easy. Screwed down the plate. Now im finished! But, for some reason its really hard to turn the turns when tuning. They have a ton of tension of the low E, and A tuners. Possibly because the tuners are up against the bushings making them hard to turn? Any help?

Sorry, I sold my canon digital camera a while back, so I cant take any pics.