my tuners on my guitar dont work very well, can i somehow fix them or should i jus buy a new set ?

also while im at it : how do i take out the wire in a strat that connects the pickups to the other side where the springs are (not sure how to explain it). do i clip it an solder it when im putting it back ?
I think the only way to get the ground off is to cut it. And yeah just buy new tuners they will serve you better in the long run.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I think that's the ground wire on the strat... umm I dunno...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Modding a Squier Bullet?

Your best bet is not just new tuners, but also new saddles. Both would be extremely helpful.

As for your other question, hopefully someone gets what you're trying tot say. You should rephrase that.
yeah thats it, but is there any way to fix the tuners at all ? im a cheap ass doing a retarted fretless steinberger guitar thing and im on a budget
Swapping out tuners is relatively easy, although I'd recommend waiting for a full re-string. Your strats tuners aren't working right? Odd, thats the first time I've ever heard of that...

As for the wire thing: I'm not sure how to interpret what you wrote, but I think you have the wires exposed and ready for removal. This will require soldering. If you dont have them exposed you need to take the pck-up gaurd off.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
theres lots of ways to make your guitar stay in tune better, although with a bridge like that, its unlikely that you'l be able to get any heavy use out of it. if you dont use it much then i would advise wedging a block of wood in there. that should improve sustain a little, and also your tuning.

next, lubricate all of the points at which the string rubs on as this causes the string to catch. (this means put a lube on the nut and the bridge)

some advise using bullet strings because they sit better in the little tunnels, but i dont know much about that

also, if you do use the tremolo - then a good idea is to unscrew the inside 4 screws on the trem a little, and keep the outer 2 locked down - this causes the bridge to pivot on the 2 and for some reason increases tuning

also - a full set up will help
Quote by Taygunov
there working, they just deune fairly quickly , how do i fix this ?

Two words locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Its hard to make cheap tuners better. The little screw in the end of the knob can sometimes be tightened to make em a little better. But may not make any difference in squire bullet tuners. My squire before I modded it was completely stock and would stay in tune just as good as my carvin. Its in the set up and the nut. As for the ground wire unless you like lots of hum and noise leave it, or are putting active pickups in.
locking tuners and new saddles and a graphite nut will fix the tuning problem. plus there's different ways to string up your guitar without it going out of tune....
Quote by guitarcam123
locking tuners and new saddles and a graphite nut will fix the tuning problem. plus there's different ways to string up your guitar without it going out of tune....

like.....?