hey im thinkin about gettin a stingray HH and i was wonderin if its pssible to get that punk precision sound? If so, feel free to include how Thanks
favor the neck pickup, boost mids some, play with a pick if you want. it wouldn't be exactly a P bass sound, because it's not a P bass, but it'll get closer than a single humbucker stingray would. the humbucker will always sound like a humbucker, though.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
^^What he said.^^
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
If you want a Precision tone, get a Precision. You have a Stingray. That's the tone you'll get. Favouring a pickup or any amount of EQ won't change that fact. You'll never get a passive split-coil sound out of a Stingray.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
He knows he's not going to get it dead on, that's why he's asking how to get as close as he can with it. Good response though. Very helpful.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
You might want to look at something like a Sandberg California PM or a Fender American Deluxe Precision, both have the P-pickup in the middle with a bridge humbucker.