Page 1 of 2
My best friend recently got a job that almost everyone I know is opposed to, including myself, his job is to go into stores with a fake I.D. and attempt to buy ciggarettes, in an attempt to stop something or another, my concern is that this is going to come back to bite him in the ass, any ideas on how to tell him how horrible this job is?

P.S. His current excuse is $10 an hour

to make this a little bit more clear:
My friend has a job
the job is to go to a store with a police issued fake ID
Once he has infiltrated the stores defenses he goes and makes an attempt to buy ciggarettes
If they sell them to him the police go in and tell the person's boss or w/e
My Fear:
Someone may remember him and then stab him or something
Last edited by jeremessmore at Jan 21, 2009,
"this is a horrible job"
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Who would bite him in the ass? Unless they have some ass biting fetish or something.
Sail upon the open skies
That's retarded... It would be one thing if his job was to try to buy stuff with an underage ID. The buisness shouldn't be punished for not noticing a fake ID (unless it is blatantly fake).
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Who is employing him? I assume some sort of Police Department or something? If so, I think its a great idea. He's helping crack down on stores that sell to minors.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Yeah, it could "bite him in the ass" by having kids, whether they know it or not, be thankful that they didn't start smoking cigarettes. I had friends that wouldn't have been able to smoke if they didn't all know the gas stations at which they could buy tobacco. There's nothing wrong with his job. If he was buying alcohol, that would be another story.
Last edited by maroon5mustdie at Jan 21, 2009,
whats wrong with his job. how will it bite him in the ass.
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Man, that sucks. When people come through my lines at stores, I will ID every one of them, but I have no idea what a fake one looks like, so I assume they are all legit. Although, since your like 14 or so it should be easy to tell anyway.
Quote by metaldud536
OM NOM NOM NOM

Who is he working for?

Police...I'm just afraid that somebody on the street will remember him and then be like "oh **** that kid cost me my job *shank*"

I'm 15 now :p somebody actually sold him some today though

About two more years he will be able to "buy" alcohol as well

The ID is pretty real looking as well
Last edited by jeremessmore at Jan 21, 2009,
i know its unrelated but a mate of mine had a holiday job which he got paid $4 an hour(nz dollars aswel so thats only like $2.50 in america) he thought it was awesome pay
I'm surprised that I'm the only one who thinks this is a good thing....
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Quote by jeremessmore
Police...I'm just afraid that somebody on the street will remember him and then be like "oh **** that kid cost me my job *shank*"

I'm 15 now :p somebody actually sold him some today though

About two more years he will be able to "buy" alcohol as well

If the person loses his job by selling illegal substances to minors he deserves no job.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by sharkbait08
Who is employing him? I assume some sort of Police Department or something? If so, I think its a great idea. He's helping crack down on stores that sell to minors.

that.

plus $10 per hour?!

thats an EASY job for $10 per hour.
A fake ID? If the ID fools the shopkeeper why should they be punished?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
A fake ID? If the ID fools the shopkeeper why should they be punished?

I was also thinking this. Shouldn't he just go in and ask w/o an ID?
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by shadesofanger

thats how they do it here. i used to work at a grocery store, and the cops had kids do this to us a few times. once they did it to me, and i asked for the kids ID. he said he didnt have it, and so i said no cigs. he left and then a cop walked in and said good job and had my manager sign a paper.
My friend works at subway.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Nobody likes a nark, but I don't think anyone has ever been killed for doing that kind of job for the cops. They're meant to keep the person anon and protected, they should have the evidence to prosecute without needing to reveal your friends identity.
I'm Stuck In The Pit And I Can't Get Out... But Do You Really Need To Go Anywhere Else On The Site?

John Clark: "It's the drugs I tell you. High school students are crazed because of all the drugs they do. We need drug testing for all students."
Where exactly does your friend live? Can I get an address? I need to, um, negotiate with him.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by shadesofanger

Yeah it sounds a bit silly to me... are they ment to not serve him on the basis that he looks young? Im 18 and i still look quite young especially if ive just shaved, and theres kids who at my age could still pass for a 14/15 year old tbh... so i dont really see how you could turn down a good-looking idj ust because they look young.
Quote by daytripper75
thats how they do it here. i used to work at a grocery store, and the cops had kids do this to us a few times. once they did it to me, and i asked for the kids ID. he said he didnt have it, and so i said no cigs. he left and then a cop walked in and said good job and had my manager sign a paper.

Nice.
Quote by hostilekid

Quote by GoldenBlues
Quote by StonaLemons
Yeah it sounds a bit silly to me... are they ment to not serve him on the basis that he looks young? Im 18 and i still look quite young especially if ive just shaved, and theres kids who at my age could still pass for a 14/15 year old tbh... so i dont really see how you could turn down a good-looking idj ust because they look young.

I'm guessing the police leave off all the safety features like raised letters on these fake ID's. Otherwise the person really can't tell.
Quote by CaptainRon
I'm guessing the police leave off all the safety features like raised letters on these fake ID's. Otherwise the person really can't tell.

Even then, how hard is ANYONE really going to look when they do it all day?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk

thats why i'm wondering why they would give them a fake ID to use. like i said, here they just don't give an ID, and then if you still sell them, you get busted.

i mean i know i never really had any formal training in how to spot fake IDs. i know a few friends that have had fake IDs and unless you really know what to look for, and you spend a good bit of time carefully observing the ID, you really cant tell that it isnt legit. considering most places dont give their employees a long in depth lesson in how to spot fakes, it really isnt right that they would give them fakes to use.

i mean even someone that knows what exactly to look for can be fooled by a quality fake.
Quote by daytripper75
that.

plus $10 per hour?!

thats an EASY job for $10 per hour.

This + that.
Quote by angusfan16
Who would bite him in the ass? Unless they have some ass biting fetish or something.

I know this guy who went to the mountains with this fat chick and they got ****faced and he would bang her so she bit his ass when he was going to his room
One of my Social Studies teacher always tells a similar story to this, except he had to go into stores and steal things. It was a test to see how well each store's security was, and DAMN he got away with some stuff. Winter jacket in 90 degree weather with all sortsa stuff in it. Putting a $150 tool set in said jacket, in front of employee, and walking out. It sounds like an awesome job...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
One of my Social Studies teacher always tells a similar story to this, except he had to go into stores and steal things. It was a test to see how well each store's security was, and DAMN he got away with some stuff. Winter jacket in 90 degree weather with all sortsa stuff in it. Putting a $150 tool set in said jacket, in front of employee, and walking out. It sounds like an awesome job...

this is off topic but Im going to have nightmares because of your sig
Quote by jeremessmore
My best friend recently got a job that almost everyone I know is opposed to, including myself, his job is to go into stores with a fake I.D. and attempt to buy ciggarettes, in an attempt to stop something or another, my concern is that this is going to come back to bite him in the ass, any ideas on how to tell him how horrible this job is?

P.S. His current excuse is $10 an hour

to make this a little bit more clear:
My friend has a job
the job is to go to a store with a police issued fake ID
Once he has infiltrated the stores defenses he goes and makes an attempt to buy ciggarettes
If they sell them to him the police go in and tell the person's boss or w/e
My Fear:
Someone may remember him and then stab him or something

Are you retarded? That's an amazing job. You're just pissed off that your friend is "working for the man" and is gonna keep you from buying shit underage by making the shops do their job and pay attention to who they're selling to.

Quote by Ironbodom
That's retarded... It would be one thing if his job was to try to buy stuff with an underage ID. The buisness shouldn't be punished for not noticing a fake ID (unless it is blatantly fake).

...that's the dumbest thing I've heard all day, and I just watched Fox News.

Quote by zekk

How is anyone gonna DO THEIR JOB and avoid prosecution for selling to minors? FFS, they have machines you swipe the ID through that verify it for you. People are just lazy and complacent about their jobs and just want to make it to 5 o'clock and don't really care about working. Period. That's the whole reason this kid even has this job. He gets to call people out on their bullshit. That's AWESOME.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Jan 22, 2009,
So your friend's too young to buy cigarettes but he has a police issued fake ID to trick people into selling him cigarettes? That's rather underhanded

Quote by Survivalism
Are you retarded? That's an amazing job. You're just pissed off that your friend is "working for the man" and is gonna keep you from buying shit underage by making the shops do their job and pay attention to who they're selling to.

...that's the dumbest thing I've heard all day, and I just watched Fox News.

How is anyone gonna DO THEIR JOB and avoid prosecution for selling to minors? FFS, they have machines you swipe the ID through that verify it for you. People are just lazy and complacent about their jobs and just want to make it to 5 o'clock and don't really care about working. Period. That's the whole reason this kid even has this job. He gets to call people out on their bullshit. That's AWESOME.

Ahhh I see
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Last edited by homair at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism

No I'm fine with people working for "the man", I hate when people smoke and drink around me, can I not be concerned for the well being of my friend? think before you talk asshole
Page 1 of 2