Page 1 of 2
Well...are there any? Electrical tape...um...perhaps just tying up the two wires?=/

/noob
dont think so, soldering isnt that hard to do....
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
may I ask why you are oppsed to soldering?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by Weavel33
hehe....easy for you to say...

Yes, easy for him or anyone else who doesn't have Parkinson's disease to say. Soldering is easy.
well...I'm afraid I will mess something up when doing it/burn myself...idk...just wondered if there might be an easier way.=/
no...and you wont burn your self. If you manage to burn yourself when using a soldering iron, i don't know what to say. And if you mess something up, then you just unsolder it, then re solder it. (there can be a little exception to this, but chances are you will be fine)
Quote by lbj273
may I ask why you are oppsed to soldering?

Poor Johnny, he was only 13 when he started experimenting with his mother's sex toys...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
but burning youself is the quickest way to learn to do it right, i burned the s*** out of my hands when I first started soldering, if your so worried you wont be able to do it find a piece of wood, screw in some screws and practice soldering wires to the head of the screw.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Yes, wrapping it up in tape is easier.

But don't do it.

It will break easier and be far less reliable. Just learn to solder.
alright alright...fine...>.>...

g's...you've made your point...

...eh...points.=|
Dude, don't solder! Just don't! Be very afraid! Just tape them together, I had to solder once and I slipped and the hot iron impaled the palm of my hand. Straight through. I needed reconstructive surgery, it just isn't worth it.
Hey, their opinions can't change the fact that I had a soldering iron through my hand. Your gut told you its dangerous and you are right. At my school there is soldering in one class and the one kid for a soldering iron through his eye. Every year someone goes to the hospital in that class, we need to sign wavers and everything
Quote by eurotrashed
Hey, their opinions can't change the fact that I had a soldering iron through my hand. Your gut told you its dangerous and you are right. At my school there is soldering in one class and the one kid for a soldering iron through his eye. Every year someone goes to the hospital in that class, we need to sign wavers and everything

Hey, I'm the jokester 'round this thread. It ain't big enough for the both of us, pal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
0.o...do I wanna know how that happened?>_<

eh...so...you say electrical tape does work?
Seriously, you should know how solder already.
Just do it.

Note: DO NOT use one of those gimmiky cold heat soldering irons. They may seem safe and cheap, but they don't work, and they ruin electrical components. (I don't have any experience ruining things, that was wikipedia, but I do have experience with trying for a couple of hours to solder two wires together that would have taken ten seconds with a normal iron.)
How should I know when I've never soldered anything in my life.=p

It would seem that there are conflicting ideas here. what a suprise.XD
lol, soldering iron through your hand. You'd need to hammer that thing in.

Soldering is not too hard, if you only want to do it once then get some quick disconnect clips, solder them to the pots and the pickup, then you don't need to keep soldering and unsoldering.
Quote by yoyodunno
lol, soldering iron through your hand. You'd need to hammer that thing in.

Soldering is not too hard, if you only want to do it once then get some quick disconnect clips, solder them to the pots and the pickup, then you don't need to keep soldering and unsoldering.

With the heat the iron generates, and it was a new tip so it was still very pointy, it went right through my flesh like butter.
Quote by eurotrashed
With the heat the iron generates, and it was a new tip so it was still very pointy, it went right through my flesh like butter.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm butter

seriously, it took me 2 burns to get it right, and the dumbass i paided to wire my guitar did a ****tier job than i could have done

should have saved my money, had to fix his work in a month
Quote by eurotrashed
One time is the only time you need to see your searing flesh burning on the iron.

I was replying to yoyodunno.;]
Seriously, they are very easy.

1. Plug it in, and let it heat up.
2. Get about 6'' of solder so your other hand is a good distance away from the iron.
3. Put solder where it is needed, and touch with iron. It should melt and then harden.

Do NOT touch hot stuff with your hands.
I suppose I'd never really even seen instructions for soldering...sounds simple enough...I'm guessing you don't end up using all 6" of it?...lest one should burn his hand.=/
Quote by GymboJones

exactly.

if you need any help, just look at the millions of soldering vids on youtube, or just post back here.

Or as a neighbor if they can help you.
Quote by GymboJones
Seriously, they are very easy.

1. Plug it in, and let it heat up.
2. Get about 6'' of solder so your other hand is a good distance away from the iron.
3. Put solder where it is needed, and touch with iron. It should melt and then harden.

You also need to make sure that the wires have enough surface area touching each other and twisted for a good connection. Flux is a necessity to for wires unless you like crappy connections.
Quote by Weavel33
eh...so there are different kinds of solder?

Yeah, I'm not sure what is best for wires though. I believe the standard is 50% tin, 50% lead? Is flux really necessary for soldering wires? I thought that was only used for pipes...
Quote by eurotrashed

My school does it too, about 6 classes a year a so and the worst thing that has ever happened is the person next to you kind of touching you with the side of the iron. Sure that hurts too but if you managed to seriously impale your hand you were doing something REALLY wrong.
Quote by yoyodunno
The solder I have already has flux in it, I don't think you usually buy flux separately lol.

You do when soldering pipes together. It is needed to give the solder a capillary action.
Page 1 of 2