Page 1 of 2
I have never been sure: what memes are original to the ultimate-guitar forums? I would like to know what is the idiocy of 4chan and what is our own mental property. I did a thread like this before, but it was closed under mysterious circumstances. I did an extensive session with the search bar to no avail, and even pm'd a guy who reported the thread to ask him why, but it yielded similar results. And if this thread is such an abomination that it should be closed on sight, can you at least tell me why? I just want to know what I can consider a UG inside-joke and what is worth mentioning to other non-guitarist Internet users.

Also- do not say "search bar" and make me wonder if you want me to use the search bar or if you are confirming that search bar jokes are original to UG. already know that they are.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Search Bar.

Now that i think of it, I don't even know where the search bar is.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Salute to Jaco
I have never been sure: what memes are original to the ultimate-guitar forums? I would like to know what is the idiocy of 4chan and what is our own mental property. I did a thread like this before, but it was closed under mysterious circumstances. I did an extensive session with the search bar to no avail, and even pm'd a guy who reported the thread to ask him why, but it yielded similar results. And if this thread is such an abomination that it should be closed on sight, can you at least tell me why? I just want to know what I can consider a UG inside-joke and what is worth mentioning to other non-guitarist Internet users.

Also- do not say "search bar" and make me wonder if you want me to use the search bar or if you are confirming that search bar jokes are original to UG. already know that they are.
You know that if you start a thread and it gets closed you're not supposed to open a new one, right?

You've basically created a spam thread here and that's why it'll be closed again.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You know that if you start a thread and it gets closed you're not supposed to open a new one, right?

You've basically created a spam thread here and that's why it'll be closed again.

yes I know that, but could I at least get out of this thread why the first one was closed? That's all I really want to know!
I Want One!!!

IT'S SHRED TIME!!!!!

I liked that one. But it died too fast.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Mudkips. Herman Ri. Fail. Guitar. Searchbar. Lolwut pear.

Those ones exist elsewhere.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813827

to the post below me:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937991&highlight=i+got+jumped
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by tyler_j
russell what the ****?

I was banned when that came along, what is it?
Crusty vagina armpits anyone?

*runs*
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Airship is god.

All of the UG cult classics (youtube flamings)

Guitar hero fatties-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD_cfz8k4tI

Vincent 745 saga-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQGR4KLJY9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUVxucg9VEY&feature=related

Whammy without Whammy bar-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3CsJa_5aU4

Are there any more, that's all i can think of right now.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jan 21, 2009,
The Marshall MG and its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE?

Obviously the "crushing overdrive" terminology came from Marshall, but using it as a joke, on the other hand...
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
inb4titsonawhale
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
tits on a whale
faster tom, run
russell what the ****
whammy without a whammy bar

and of course... UREH UREH
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Quote by srvguitarrulez
Mudkips. Herman Ri. Fail. Guitar. Searchbar. Lolwut pear.

nah, thats 4chans doing
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
great, now I have may questions about back stories. And why hasn't anyone mentioned Icyhot?
I Want One!!!

Quote by Demon Wolf
IT'S SHRED TIME!!!!!

I liked that one. But it died too fast.

NAME BRAND SODA!!!!

Man, I miss that thread. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Salute to Jaco
great, now I have may questions about back stories. And why hasn't anyone mentioned Icyhot?

Cause it's not ours.......
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
The vincent746 or whatever, what happened to get everyone so mad a him?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
I think F.u.c.kface was
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Last edited by Rude Mood at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
I was banned when that came along, what is it?

The Faster Tom Runn!! and Russel What the **** both came out of the same thread. I think it was because this guy and his friend got jacked by some gang. I think his bike was stolen or something. I don't understand why it is a meme . I just think someone said "OMG NEW MEME" and then it spread like fire.

^that is awesome. I'm pretty sure Billy Mays is exclusive to here.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Jan 21, 2009,
Union Jerk. Union Jake, we'll never forgive you.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Insanitydenied
Union Jerk. Union Jake, we'll never forgive you.

This. I remember he posted two new threads roughly 2 months after that and everyone's reply had to do with his original thread
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
I'm pretty sure Billy Mays is exclusive to here.

It isn't.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by ferretface
The Faster Tom Runn!! and Russel What the **** both came out of the same thread. I think it was because this guy and his friend got jacked by some gang. I think his bike was stolen or something. I don't understand why it is a meme . I just think someone said "OMG NEW MEME" and then it spread like fire.

^that is awesome. I'm pretty sure Billy Mays is exclusive to here.

Thanks, and I'm certain that the whole world hates Mr. Mays, not our meme.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895669&page=51&pp=40&highlight=yo+dawg post 2039

isn't the xzibit thing from us, or was xyz66's post just using an already existing meme on some one else's joke. which would be this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895669&page=50&pp=40&highlight=yo+dawg post 1986
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 21, 2009,
Page 1 of 2